Any Reviews Of Steyr Evo10E Out?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
ChipEck

Any Reviews Of Steyr Evo10E Out?

Post by ChipEck »

Outside of Steyr's 3 minute video has anyone come across in depth review of the Evo10E? I have heard things like more grip sizes, but not any detailed reviews. Maybe it is so close to the LP10 it does not matter?

Chip
ghostrip

Re: Any Reviews Of Steyr Evo10E Out?

Post by ghostrip »

at some point given that lp10 is now out of production more people will buy the evo10/evo10e and we will get a better idea of how it fares against the other air pistols. the mechanical is not very far from the lp10 mech though in my opinion.
Chia

Post by Chia »

ghostrip wrote:at some point given that lp10 is now out of production more people will buy the evo10/evo10e and we will get a better idea of how it fares against the other air pistols. the mechanical is not very far from the lp10 mech though in my opinion.
I got that impression looking at the blowup diagrams of both pistols as well. They are very similar. I suppose if it ain't wrong don't fix it.
zanemoseley

Post by zanemoseley »

Any new feedback on the Evo?
ChipEck

Post by ChipEck »

Nothing I have seen. I did hear a rumor that Steyr has encountered a production problem. Nothing wrong with the pistol, it is just that their one suppliers has been unable to meet production demands.
I am impatiently waiting because I insist on buying from a USA dealer.

Chip
Chia

Post by Chia »

I have an Evo 10 mechanical, if that helps. I'm not the best shooter, and it's my first Olympic air pistol. Not sure how useful my thoughts would be on it.
hundert

Post by hundert »

yes, here on forum someone wrote a few things, like there's no microswitch any more on the trigger (10E trigger had a mouse click that you could feel, Evo doesn't apparently).

Other than that, it's the same gun
sparky

Post by sparky »

With the sights being adjustable for cant, are there detents or something to lock it in place? I would think if you some how adjusted it or knocked the front sight out of vertical, it could be very annoying if there wasn't a quick way to easily set it so the front and rear sights are perfectly aligned and not at different angles.
Chia

Post by Chia »

sparky wrote:With the sights being adjustable for cant, are there detents or something to lock it in place? I would think if you some how adjusted it or knocked the front sight out of vertical, it could be very annoying if there wasn't a quick way to easily set it so the front and rear sights are perfectly aligned and not at different angles.
I've never used it but the cant of the barrel is held in place by two screws that go through the barrel shroud and secure the barrel. Additionally, the real sight has a regular flathead screw that adjusts its cant.

There's no easy way to realign the rear sights, but the front is a piece of cake since they have lines drawn on the barrel shroud that goes through to the rear of the gun past the barrel shroud.
therider

Post by therider »

I was worried too about aligning front are rear sights. However I have discovered with a FWB P8x of a friend that it is extremely easy to bring them in perfect alignment.
Chia

Post by Chia »

therider wrote:I was worried too about aligning front are rear sights. However I have discovered with a FWB P8x of a friend that it is extremely easy to bring them in perfect alignment.
What is the point of canting, anyway?
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Some people naturally cant. Right handed shooters will typically tilt the pistol a bit to the left. It isn't a big deal if it's only a small cant, but it means the elevation & windage adjustments are no longer unrelated. Unless you can tilt the sights back to be vertical/horizontal, adjusting for a windage error (for example) on the target requires moving BOTH the rear sight adjustments. If you take the extreme case of a 45 degree cant, you would have to apply equal elevation & windage adjustments to the rear sight to move the shots horizontally on the target.
sparky

Post by sparky »

therider wrote:I was worried too about aligning front are rear sights. However I have discovered with a FWB P8x of a friend that it is extremely easy to bring them in perfect alignment.
How? As I understand it, the P8X's mechanism for canting is different. Does the method apply to both?
therider

Post by therider »

I'm not sure it is different. As far as FWB is concerned, I was surprised not to see anything to allow an easy set to neutral, but, again it was extremely easy, to my surprise, to align F and R sights.