Pardini K12 Pellet Test

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Super Dave

Pardini K12 Pellet Test

Post by Super Dave »

Hi everyone. I'll let the photos do the talking.
Dave

Christopher Miceli

Re: Pardini K12 Pellet Test

Post by Christopher Miceli »

nice range =]
Joe58

Post by Joe58 »

Any clue for the flyer in the Basics?

So which one are you going to go with then as the winner?
Super Dave

Post by Super Dave »

nice range =]
Thanks. Or, maybe I should say Mahalo!
Any clue for the flyer in the Basics? So which one are you going to go with then as the winner?
I updated the target with group sizes.

I shot two groups of the Basics since the first group on the top right was the worst group. On the second group with the flyer...the overall group was not much better than the first one. So, I guess the gun just doesn't care for those pellets.

I'd like to run the test again to really know which one is the winner. I was really curious to see how the gun would shoot from a rest. I don't compete and I'm a beginner so it was more done out of curiosity. At the end of the test there may have been some gusts up to 3mph. I have no idea how a little wind would affect things. We usually have 10 to 15 mph trade winds. I'd like to break out the rest when we have 25+ mph winds and see how far the bullets drift.

Anyway, how do the groups look? What is considered match grade accuracy?

Thanks,
Dave

deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

To be credible the test should be conducted indoors with no air movement. If you retest indoors please post your results.
6string

Post by 6string »

With a range like that, I'd be happy to shoot a Crosman CO2 pistol with cheap Daisy pellets from Walmart!

Best Regards,
Jim
Rover

Post by Rover »

Something's wrong. I recently tested a new lot of RWS Basic pellets. I shot two THIRTY shot groups with my two different PCPs. Both groups were smaller than your BEST FIVE shot group. They were just barely larger (outside diameter) than the "11" ring and there were NO flyers.

I made no "best velocity" tweaks to either gun.

To be honest, I think that was an exceptionally accurate lot, but I have had great results with some lots of Basics.
Last edited by Rover on Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
SteveT

Post by SteveT »

Super Dave wrote:Anyway, how do the groups look? What is considered match grade accuracy?
It looks like you are measuring groups outside-to-outside. Using that methods Elite International shooters would probably expect < 6.5 mm groups (1-2 mm center-to-center). In general world class air pistols will shoot premium pellets into one hole groups just slightly bigger than a pellet. The rest of us want group size smaller than our ability to call shots.

If money isn't an object I would pick one or two of the 6-7 mm pellets, buy a sleeve or two of each and test them again. The best would be my competition pellet and the other would be my practice pellet. That would be enough to keep me shooting for years. If money is a concern, I would buy 1 or 2 tins of the best for competition and a sleeve of whatever is cheapest for practice.

On a good day I think I can call my shots within about 5 mm, so any of your test pellets would be sufficient since even a 12 mm group outside-to-outside means the center of the pellet is varying no more than 3.25 mm from the group center.

If I ever get to the point that I need to test pellets, I would want more than a single 5 shot group, either more groups or more shots in the group to really know if a pellet is good. I would also want to test indoors or no wind conditions.
Christopher Miceli

Rover wrote:Something's wrong. I recently tested a new lot of RWS Basic pellets. I shot two THIRTY shot groups with my two different PCPs. Both groups were smaller than your BEST FIVE shot group. They were just barely larger (outside diameter) than the "11" ring and there were NO flyers.

I made no "best velocity" tweaks to either gun.

To be honest, I think that was an exceptionally accurate lot, but I have had great results with some lots of Basics.

I bought 20 tins of the RWS Basic off ^^^ this dudes info. Was solid advise, they shoot as well as my vogul merlin match, I have some JSB pratice and match but haven't bothered to shoot them yet. I didn't tweak any FPS but i can feel the difference between the light weight and medium weight pellets. averaged 94 series until i didn't.

Once one of these fancy companies sponsor me I will not be shooting the high end stuff. The RWS basic has easily kept me in the 550s.
10M_Stan

Post by 10M_Stan »

The pellet testing I did with my EVO-10 showed the Meisterkugeln 7.0 4.50mm pellets were on par with the R10's and shot noticeably tighter groups than the Basics. I wish I shot enough so the $0.006 price difference per pellet between the Meisterkugeln and the Basics was significant. Maybe, what that really means is, 20,000-25,000 pellets should be shot per year? A practice match every day is 21,900 pellets per year (call that 22,000 after dropping a few while loading).
Super Dave

Post by Super Dave »

It looks like you are measuring groups outside-to-outside. Using that methods Elite International shooters would probably expect < 6.5 mm groups (1-2 mm center-to-center).
Great, thanks for the info.
Something's wrong.
I did notice when inserting the Basics that they did not fit as tight as the other pellets. I have plenty on hand to test another day.

Colorado CJ

Post by Colorado CJ »

Weird, the RWS Basics I have fit tighter than the RWS R10 in my K12.
Christopher Miceli

hit the range for some practice with the RWS basic. Works fine for me.
a10ken

Post by a10ken »

hi folks, at what velocity and cylinder pressure was your test carried out ?
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

Christopher Miceli wrote:hit the range for some practice with the RWS basic. Works fine for me.
is this from a vice or regular shooting?
Rover

Post by Rover »

a10ken wrote:hi folks, at what velocity and cylinder pressure was your test carried out ?
I can't speak for Super Dave, but for my test:

"I made no "best velocity" tweaks to either gun."

Why would either of those things matter to you?
Super Dave

Post by Super Dave »

Hi,
hi folks, at what velocity and cylinder pressure was your test carried out ?
I didn't really think too much about the velocity or pressure. The cylinder holds up to 250 bar and the gauge on the cylinder was just under 200 bar. I assumed a nice gun like the Pardini would do a good job with consistent pressure within the recommended pressures.

Another thing I didn't do was select pellets for weight / consistency. I just picked up any pellet out of the tin, without looking, and fed it into the gun. After I posted this thread, I looked at the pellets more closely and was surprised to see one was badly deformed. By the way, what is the proper method for selecting pellets? Do you break out a caliper? Or, just visually inspect and sort by weight?

I'm satisfied with the results and not really itching to do another test. But, when I get around to it I will be more aware of the variables.

Thanks,
Dave
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

As mentioned before Dave, pellet weighing etc is irrelevant unless the test is conducted indoors. Start with the right environment and work from there.
Super Dave

Post by Super Dave »

OK, thanks. Unfortunately I don't currently have an indoor space that can accomodate me with that distance. There isn't any kind of airgun club locally.

Anyway, not a big deal.

Thanks,
Dave
GaryN

Post by GaryN »

I just visually check the pellet for damage, then reject any damaged pellet.