Morni162 ei using a scatt mx02

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Nine major

Morni162 ei using a scatt mx02

Post by Nine major »

Has anyone with a morni 162 ei been Abe to get the scatt to work. I have had this thing for 5 month and it hasn't worked yet with my Morni air gun. They keep telling me they are coming out with new soft ware every month. ( come on man) .
m1963

Re: Morni162 ei using a scatt mx02

Post by m1963 »

Scatt MX-02. We really wanted it to work. We tried to make it work. We did everything we were instructed to do, to get it to work. Repeatedly. It never did work with either our 162EI, or our daughter's titanium version.
madmax

Post by madmax »

This is a common problem with MX-02 when using electronic triggers. The sensor need a solid thump to set it off, as with a manual dry fire.
With the electronic trigger, the piezo sensitivity on the 2nd start-up screen needs to be set close to the left-hand side of the adjustment. This will need to be done every time there is a start-up, as it doesn't save this setting when closing down.

Persevere with it - it's worth the effort.

Max.
jbshooter

Post by jbshooter »

Can anyone confirm that the new MX-02 works properly with electronic trigger air pistol eg Morini 162EI
aspan76

Post by aspan76 »

I have 2011 SCATT professional, didn't use it for 3 years. Came back this year, took me a while to update it using their tools (diagnostics, drive updates, etc), and now it works with my Morini 162 EI titanium. Although it doesn't register 1 shot in 10. Piezo sensitivity at 9.9. Distance 10m.
madmax

Post by madmax »

I had a mountain of trouble getting my MX-02 to work with my CM162EI. Dealing with scattusa via email from Australia was frustrating.

I had a friend who was using a mechanical 162, and was having no trouble with the MX-02. Examining both pistols revealed that the mechanical pistol had a significantly stronger "click" which set off the scatt, with the MX mounted on the end of the cylinder behind the gauge, as is the usual case.
DSCN0217.JPG
DSCN0218.JPG

The mounting block and band are positioned against the pistol body, with the band mounted on the round section immediately behind the cylinder mounting block and in front of the pistol body.

By moving the scatt mounting to the body of the electronic version, the scatt functions perfectly. I now have the mounting permanently attached to the CM162EI, which makes set-up easier. The piezo setting is set at 1.6 - 2.0.
The MX-02 is reasonably sensitive to the light on the target. I predominantly shoot indoors near a window. If a cloud partially comes across the sun, the shots may not register or become intermittent.

Get to know and love your MX-02, it will teach you more than you probably want to know.
Max.
dcooper

Post by dcooper »

My mate has Morini, but he uses trace not scatt to track aiming. Will ask how it works.
John Marchant

Post by John Marchant »

It is always preferable to mounted the scatt as near to the trigger as possible, so that the additional 35grams weight of the sensor does not adversely affect the fine balance and feel of the pistol.
If you think that that amount of extra weight does not make a difference, then add the standard weights (40 grams) to the pistol near the muzzle and feel the difference that it does make.