Pardini Conversion Units

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
SlartyBartFast

Re: Pardini Conversion Units

Post by SlartyBartFast »

GOVTMODEL wrote:I don't know if the CIP system has more than one method of measuring pressure and velocity for .22 rimfire ammunition. SAAMI has one standard, so there isn't a reliable method of comparing velocity from various pistols, because there isn't a standard method for comparison.
The standard is to test the behaviour and performance of the ammunition under identical test environments.

If you want to know the performance behaviour of ammunition in a given pistol, you need to write up the standard requirements for the pistol (to make sure the pistol remains within acceptable tolerances for all tests) and test all the different ammunition through it.

Perhaps it's possible to accurately determine velocity by calculation based on barrel length.
- Smith & Wesson SW22 Victory
- FAS SP607
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

SlartyBartFast wrote:Perhaps it's possible to accurately determine velocity by calculation based on barrel length.
I would have thought that was unlikely as different powders have different burning speeds.
SlartyBartFast

Post by SlartyBartFast »

David Levene wrote:
SlartyBartFast wrote:Perhaps it's possible to accurately determine velocity by calculation based on barrel length.
I would have thought that was unlikely as different powders have different burning speeds.
Good point. So, that would mean needing to test each ammunition in each barrel length.

Sorry, but this is at the limit of my knowledge. Don't have access to the test document referenced from the computer I'm on right now. So I can't really make any more constructive comment.
- FAS SP607
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

If you are allowed to shoot lighter bullets at reduced velocity compared to a normal 40 grain .22 long rifle round, I'm sure people shooting rapid fire at the Olympic level have ammo that just safely meets the minimum requirements. Whether it's specifically tailored for rapid fire by the manufacturer or not, I don't know. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if Eley has a round specifically designed for rapid fire.
SlartyBartFast

Post by SlartyBartFast »

Gwhite wrote:If you are allowed to shoot lighter bullets at reduced velocity compared to a normal 40 grain .22 long rifle round, I'm sure people shooting rapid fire at the Olympic level have ammo that just safely meets the minimum requirements. Whether it's specifically tailored for rapid fire by the manufacturer or not, I don't know. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if Eley has a round specifically designed for rapid fire.
The rule is 39 grain and 250 m/s minimum.

And j-team reported Lapua Pistol King clocked at 256-257m/s.

I'm sure the match pistol ammunition from all manufacturers is designed to meet the minimums using all the standard pistols.
- FAS SP607
ronpistolero

Post by ronpistolero »

Hi. A bit off but can anyone please share a picture of a Pardini shot group done via machine rest? I have seen Walthers and MG groups but never from Pardini .22's and .32's

Thanks
ghillieman

Post by ghillieman »

I got less than 1/2 inch with 10 shots at 50 yards with Aguila Rifle Match.
dulcmr-man

Post by dulcmr-man »

ghillieman wrote:I got less than 1/2 inch with 10 shots at 50 yards with Aguila Rifle Match.
Impressive!! At 50 yards, my S&W 41 holds just inside the x-ring shooting from sand bags using RWS R50. I'd like to see how it does in a Ransom Rest. It's always nice to know that the errant (and humbling) shot is technique, not the gun/ammo combination.

Dennis
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

If I may ask one small additional question: does the assembled Pardini HPO with the .32 ACP conversion unit (7,65mm Browning) still fit inside the ISSF measurement box? Would anybody know or maybe even have tested?

Thank you,
Alexander