How to disable recoil absorver in FWB P40?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
NanoZ.

Post by NanoZ. »

I have understood that in this air pistol brand, the device is moved by air pulse, as can disable and prevent air wasted?

Thank you
kevinweiho

Re: How to disable recoil absorver in FWB P40?

Post by kevinweiho »

Eduardo, is the pistol still shooting accurately? If it ain't broke, don't fix it, let it be and get another air cylinder.
PFribley

Post by PFribley »

If you fill your air tank on your pistol up all the way. You will have more than enough for a 60 shot match.
NanoZ.

Post by NanoZ. »

kevinweiho wrote:Eduardo, is the pistol still shooting accurately? If it ain't broke, don't fix it, let it be and get another air cylinder.
Kevin:

Pisltol shoots perfectly, one full cylinder gives me over 100 shots.
Since I have no factory service, I maintain every 6 months, but I distrust the absorver is not working perfectly, I would disable if there is a safe way to do it.

Take it out would be very simple, or even full adjust the screw that regulates it and leave it in place, but I wonder if someone did, know other shooters experience.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

If the pistol shoots perfectly, but the absorber is to blame for a poor shot from time to time, then you’ll need to disassemble the part, (see if there is any wear and tear) thoroughly clean the mechanism, relube, reassemble, and recalibrate. That’ll probably fix the problem.
TenMetrePeter

Post by TenMetrePeter »

NanoZ. wrote:
Pisltol shoots perfectly, one full cylinder gives me over 100 shots.
Since I have no factory service, I maintain every 6 months, but I distrust the absorver is not working perfectly, I would disable if there is a safe way to do it.
Take it out would be very simple, or even full adjust the screw that regulates it and leave it in place, but I wonder if someone did, know other shooters experience.
you could disable it by screwing the adjuster fully clockwise while cocking lever fully open. The result will be more recoil. Why would you want that? Better to adjust as per user manual. Amount of air lost is tiny.
Do NOT lube the absorber. Any trace of oil will jam the thin push rod. (It's thin so it hardly uses any air).
FWB are not designed to be lubed, never have been. If you get "airgun oil" in the absorber or the firing hammer chamber you may as well use molasses. It would certainly make the absorber inoperable. Only solution would be to dismantle.
On reassembly some Dri-Slide is all that can be tolerated (if you can find it)

P34 user.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

TenMetrePeter wrote:FWB are not designed to be lubed, never have been. On reassembly some Dri-Slide is all that can be tolerated (if you can find it)
FWB guns are pre-lubed from the factory and only require infrequent lubrication. Dri-Slide contains a petroleum carrier oil which may affect o-rings, I would suggest using FWB “special grease” sparingly.
TenMetrePeter

Post by TenMetrePeter »

Sorry, meant to say not designed to be user-lubed in the way of, say, an Air Arms rifle where a regular drenching in Napier Power oil is encouraged.