Front sight

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
mumblypeg

Front sight

Post by mumblypeg »

I've got a Steyr LP50 and I'd like to put a taller front sight on it. Currently all I can find is a 5mm sight height and that's what I'm running now. I've adjusted the rear sight all the way down but I still shoot high whether offhand or from a bench. Suggestions appreciated.
hundert

Re: Front sight

Post by hundert »

are you sure the rear sight blade is not touching the grip?
Neil H

Post by Neil H »

Yes, Check to make sure the grip is not adjusted to high not allowing the sight to be lowered.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

mumblypeg wrote:I've got a Steyr LP50 and I'd like to put a taller front sight on it. Currently all I can find is a 5mm sight height and that's what I'm running now. I've adjusted the rear sight all the way down but I still shoot high whether offhand or from a bench. Suggestions appreciated.
Unless there is something really weird going on, it shouldn't be off by much. Once you've checked that your rear sight isn't hitting the grip, the usual fix is just to put a small shim under the front sight. Beer can aluminum is traditional...
mumblypeg

Post by mumblypeg »

Thanks all! I'll do a check on the grips tomorrow AM. If that isn't the culprit, a shim it'll be. Amazing that I just happen to have some beer can aluminum to use too. :D
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

beer is always useful
Rover

Post by Rover »

Hell, it's not even a one six-pac job!

However, I remember a guy on here who was greatly offended at the thought of using a beer can shim on his spendy Euro-toy and had to wait until a "proper" shim could be obtained from Germany. (TRUE!)