How to remove rear sight on GSP Expert

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Gregbenner

How to remove rear sight on GSP Expert

Post by Gregbenner »

Picked up a used GSP Expert today, it came with the optics rail, but unattached. I got the following instructions via a search on another forum, a little uncertain about item 2, presume item 3 mean left side holding gun out front.

Not sure what item7 means, I see the set screws, but unsure of their purpose? To start, since I have several, is was going to attach a FF3 dot sight to the existing slots on the front of the rail.

Any further clarification or illustrations greatly Appreciated. Will try Earls, but worried everyone might still be at Camp Perry.

"Walther GSP scope mount

1. Remove the two screws on the right side of the rear sight
2. Remove the longer center screw of the sight and the half circle slotted type device
3. Drive two stainless steel (under sight) pins from left pushing to the right
4. Gently pull sight up and to the right till it comes off (it is spring loaded)
5. Remove spring
6. Install scope mount with the two stainless steel pins
7. Add loctite to the four set screws
8. Tighten set screws

Thx

Greg
siordian1

Re: How to remove rear sight on GSP Expert

Post by siordian1 »

see this post,

reetings,

Remove the two screws (43) on either side of the the windage adjusting screw (40).

Carefully note the position of all the plates (42) and shims (41) during disassembly.

Unscrew the windage screw (40) and remove it.

Carefully slide out the two guide rails (38).

The housing should lift off, again, do not let the spring (39) escape.

The elevation screw (37) does not need to be moved.

Refrain from drilling and tapping the upper housing. While more rigid, it diminishes the appearance and resale value of your pistol. The scope rail sold by Walther looks flimsy but does work. Do not overtighten any screws of the scope adapter to prevent swaging the holes in the upper receiver where the original sight rails go.

Cheers,

Dave

Attachments:
GSP_Sight.pdf [5.27 KiB]
siordian1

Post by siordian1 »

don't use red loctite, try the purple. i did not use any at all and the screws started to back out. The two pins may slide out a bit after firing but you can just press them back in.
Gregbenner

Post by Gregbenner »

Got it! The large screw referenced in #2 is the one on the right side by the two screws referenced in #1. On mine, the two pins just pushed out (I initially read it as having to "drive" them out). The 4 screws in #7 tighten down on the two pins and stop them from moving. On mine, there is also a round "pad" for the front of the rail overhang as both a stabilizer an I guess will prevent any rubbing on the barrel.

Put a couple hundred rds thru it yesterday, gun is magnificent!

Thx!!