"New" FWB 103

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Gwelo

"New" FWB 103

Post by Gwelo »

Fortunate to have found a pristine "early" (Dark Blue) FWB 103 which should be at my local PO awaiting my arrival this am. It is coming with a large RH 3 piece grip. I need a medium grip, so reaching out to the TT audience for possible trades, outright purchases, ideas, etc.

Have read here that the early grip is compatible with C20, C25 and the 100 and 102. Correct?

Also a FWB "adapter" can be used to make the later 103 grip compatible. Would also allow use of P34, P40 & P58 grips. Anyone ever install the "adapter"? Part number?

Keeley is also looking for a Large, Left Hand grip for his new "early" 103.
Gwelo

Re: "New" FWB 103

Post by Gwelo »

It came in better than expected, wow, what a beauty! Came from a collectors estate, he evidently bought two, a left and a right, and never fired either. They are 3 numbers apart. Keeley has the left and I snared the right. Guess he was content just knowing he had them.

siordian1

Post by siordian1 »

Wow, a once in a lifetime find. Rover would be prostrate on the floor after seeing this. Love to see you shoot with us at Phx Rod and Gun.
Gwelo

Post by Gwelo »

Thanks siordian1! You are correct, a true rarity to find one, much less two of these classics in the same place.

Keeley and I shoot at the SERP (Southeast Regional Park) here in the Tucson area. They don't really have an air gun program in place so we shoot outside next to the powder burners. They have a huge metal building next door that allows archery and 4H air gun use but when we asked for access it was a big thumbs down. Hopefully they will change policy soon. I think there is a lot of interest in the area. You guys are very fortunate to have such a nice facility to shoot in. And free air to boot!! If I ever get over that way I will definitely stop by to check it out and meet the local celebrities, and Rover.
siordian1

Post by siordian1 »

We have a couple of guys who come up from Tucson for our matches. They had built there own indoor range, 4-5 position I think. If I can get there names I will try to get you in touch with them. Nice guys and great shooters.
Gwelo

Post by Gwelo »

I recently joined the Quail Creek Air Gun club as a non resident member. They have a nice indoor 6 lane, 8 yd (can be stretched to more by opening the back doors) facility. They also have an outdoor area where you can shoot benchrest and Silhouette out to 70 yds I believe. Would this be who/what you are referring to? If not feel free to give them my email, I would really appreciate it. I live in Patagonia which is 70 miles south of Tucson so quite a drive to Phoenix.
Nick
gwelo123 at gmail.com
Rover

Post by Rover »

I've swilled a few glasses of wine (and beer) in the Patagonia area. I've also hunted deer S of there a few times.

The guys Siordian mentioned may be reading this (they like seeing me heat things up a little).
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

Gwelo wrote:Also a FWB "adapter" can be used to make the later 103 grip compatible. Would also allow use of P34, P40 & P58 grips. Anyone ever install the "adapter"? Part number?
The part you're looking for is the attachment plate (complete), part nº 3.4.032.150. I would suggest you to contact FWB and see if the part can be retrofitted to your pistol. Why don't you like the OEM FWB grips, you'd rather prefer the one piece morini grips? The condition of your pistol is amazing, looks like it just came out of the factory. The black paint on my 103 is starting to flake off, I always wondered why they never anodized the finish in the first place?
Gwelo

Post by Gwelo »

kevinweiho wrote:
Gwelo wrote:Also a FWB "adapter" can be used to make the later 103 grip compatible. Would also allow use of P34, P40 & P58 grips. Anyone ever install the "adapter"? Part number?
The part you're looking for is the attachment plate (complete), part nº 3.4.032.150. I would suggest you to contact FWB and see if the part can be retrofitted to your pistol. Why don't you like the OEM FWB grips, you'd rather prefer the one piece morini grips? The condition of your pistol is amazing, looks like it just came out of the factory. The black paint on my 103 is starting to flake off, I always wondered why they never anodized the finish in the first place?
I anticipated that the (L)arge grip would be too big for me, but found that it fits quite well after adjusting the trigger rearward. The OEM grip is beautifully crafted and I quite like the darker wood. Use of the adapter would open up the number of grips I would be able to use and make it easier to find a replacement if I choose to do so... It appears that both mine and Keeley's pistols are in like new condition, a remarkable find for sure.

Kevin, Thanks for taking the time to look up the part number for the adapter. I will contact FWB for information.
Keeley

Post by Keeley »

Great photos. Especially nice towel!!
SlartyBartFast

Post by SlartyBartFast »

Keeley wrote:Great photos. Especially nice towel!!
He's a hoopy frood who really knows where his towel is.

Couldn't resist.
- Smith & Wesson SW22 Victory
- FAS SP607
SMC

Post by SMC »

Hi Nick,
You have a really nice FWB. I am a little late to the party... I'm one of the "guys from Tucson". I'm glad the grip you have fits your hand. If you decide on getting a medium size I recommend contacting Neal Stepp.
His web site is: iss-internationalshootersservice.com
His phone number is 817-595-2090
He prefers to use the phone and he seems to have a wide assortment of specialty items.

I will PM you with my contact info.

Steve
Rover

Post by Rover »

Give him hell, Steve!
SMC

Post by SMC »

Rover wrote:Give him hell, Steve!
Hi Roger,

Really? Where did that come from?

Steve
Rover

Post by Rover »

Just remembering your rude, crude, and abusive competition style.

(Just kidding.)
SMC

Post by SMC »

You should have known me when I was a serious competitor 25 years ago.
Ziabeam

Post by Ziabeam »

SPPcoach

Post by SPPcoach »

siordian1 wrote:They had built there own indoor range, 4-5 position I think.
Yup. :-)
https://dbackshootingsports.com/wp-cont ... tucson.jpg