Steyr EVO 10... Pfffft, but no pellet shot?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Mtl_Biker

Re: Steyr EVO 10... Pfffft, but no pellet shot?

Post by Mtl_Biker »

ruig wrote:I think you would feel a relative huge portion of an air leaving the pistol in some place if it was any faulty seal.

I suppose you would not able to cock the trigger and to hear any klick if it was a hammer fault.

Cylinder's valve... hmm... i would say it works or doesn't work. The problem cannot appear randomly there during one shooting session.

Velocity screw? After tightening the small screw on the right side of the frame the hammer's impact power must remain the same +/-.

Regulator? There is one sensible part - rod with a seal. I would check it visually for any damages.

http://www.kiehberg.in/media/catalog/pr ... 020515.jpg
Thank you for your suggestions.

Both Steyr and Krale were 99% certain that the problem was the regulator... maybe some debris caught inside which would move around and sometimes jam it and sometimes not. One other thing I noticed with it was that sometimes after removing the cylinder, if I pressed the trigger there would be a shot with air. Not as much or as strong as with an air cylinder attached but much stronger than it would normally be without a cylinder.

I contacted Steyr and Krale on Monday, they shipped a (free) replacement regulator to me on Tuesday, and it JUST ARRIVED!! I will install it tonight when I get home and we're all pretty certain that the problem will be solved.

OUTSTANDING SERVICE and SUPPORT from both Krale and Steyr.
AA S510 Xtra FAC Ultimate Sporter *CARBINE* .22
CZ200S "Green" .177
Feinwerkbau 800 Evolution Top
AA S400 MPR FT .177
Steyr EVO 10
Weihrauch HW50S .22
C. Perkins

Post by C. Perkins »

Well, how did it go ?
Mtl_Biker

Post by Mtl_Biker »

C. Perkins wrote:Well, how did it go ?
I wanted to wait until I'd shot several cylinders full before pronouncing the problem solved, but now that I have, I can indeed report that the regulator WAS the problem. The gun seems to be shooting perfectly now and I've gone through about 8 full air cylinders since changing the regulator.

Kudos to both Krale and Steyr for the superb service and support. Two days after reporting the problem to them, I had a new regulator in my hands from them. And totally free, including express shipping from Europe to Canada.
AA S510 Xtra FAC Ultimate Sporter *CARBINE* .22
CZ200S "Green" .177
Feinwerkbau 800 Evolution Top
AA S400 MPR FT .177
Steyr EVO 10
Weihrauch HW50S .22
John Marchant

Post by John Marchant »

Mtl_Biker,
Glad that you got it sorted out and your confidence in the Evo 10 has returned.
It is really good to hear that you received first class support from your dealer and Steyr.
it would be good to hear how you settle in with it in due course.