Steyr EVO 10... Pfffft, but no pellet shot?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Rover

Re: Steyr EVO 10... Pfffft, but no pellet shot?

Post by Rover »

It's the regulator or your cylinder is empty or your striker spring is not compressed enough.

I would work backwards from this list.

Give it to another shooter to play with. I don't trust your judgement in this.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

Mtl_Biker wrote: Is the regulator in the pistol itself or in the cylinders?
The regulator is housed within the adaptor.(DO NOTunscrew the bolt that has the red thread locking compound) Here's a Steyr video that shows the conversion from CO2 to air:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5v3lAbFiYY

If you already tried everything and the problem still persists, contact Steyr Sport. I think it would be alot easier to send them the adapter/regulator instead of the pistol.
Mtl_Biker

Post by Mtl_Biker »

Rover wrote:It's the regulator or your cylinder is empty or your striker spring is not compressed enough.

I would work backwards from this list.

What's my judgement got to do with this? Any other shooter would find the same thing if the pellet just falls limply out the end of the gun when a shot is taken. It would take a gunsmith or at least someone intimately familiar with the inner workings of Steyr pistols to figure out what's wrong and not just "another shooter".

In any case, my judgement (which you don't trust) is that it's the regulator. Otherwise the problem would be much more consistent than it is. And no, my cylinders are NOT empty. :)

Thank you for your kind help.
AA S510 Xtra FAC Ultimate Sporter *CARBINE* .22
CZ200S "Green" .177
Feinwerkbau 800 Evolution Top
AA S400 MPR FT .177
Steyr EVO 10
Weihrauch HW50S .22
Rover

Post by Rover »

If your judgement is not in doubt, why are you asking the question?
j-team

Post by j-team »

Mtl_Biker wrote:
Rover wrote:
What's my judgement got to do with this?
Well, this thread and your other one about EVO10 problems http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=52647 might make people wonder...
David M

Post by David M »

If my memory is correct Steyr service at a World Cup would just replace the regulator complete.
Item 29 Druckminderventil Pressure reducing valve 4002090523
There is no internal breakdown of the inside but you can get a kit.
Not sure about the service details, maybe strip, clean, inspect and replace.
Adjust.....unknown ?
SKU: 200001381
Attachments
lp-reg-kit-300x300.jpg
lp-reg-kit-300x300.jpg (11.23 KiB) Viewed 2936 times
Mtl_Biker

Post by Mtl_Biker »

j-team wrote:
Mtl_Biker wrote:
Rover wrote:
What's my judgement got to do with this?
Well, this thread and your other one about EVO10 problems http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=52647 might make people wonder...
Obviously you don't know the difference between inexperience with something and judgement.

Thank you too for your helpful reply.
CZ200S "Green" .177
AA S400 MPR FT .177
Steyr EVO 10
Weihrauch HW50S .22
william

Post by william »

Fer Gawd's sake, young man. Enough of this. Suck it up and pay a proper Steyr mender whatever it takes to get this sorted out. Are you still so happy to have deprived the importer of a fair profit by buying your EVO on the gray market? Maybe this is international-trade karma, and you know what happens when you mess with karma.
Mtl_Biker

Post by Mtl_Biker »

william wrote:Fer Gawd's sake, young man. Enough of this. Suck it up and pay a proper Steyr mender whatever it takes to get this sorted out. Are you still so happy to have deprived the importer of a fair profit by buying your EVO on the gray market? Maybe this is international-trade karma, and you know what happens when you mess with karma.
Will you bloody well get off your high horse!!!!!

When I ordered my EVO-10, there were NONE available in Canada yet, but they had prices. And buying in Canada would have been EIGHT HUNDRED DOLLARS more expensive than what I paid by buying it from an AUTHORIZED Steyr dealer in Europe. What's gray market about that? And it was the global sales manager of Steyr himself who suggested I buy there. Nothing unethical or wrong about it at all.

I would have been perfectly willing to buy from a Canadian dealer for a couple of hundred dollars more, but geez, certainly not eight hundred dollars more! Would YOU really have done that? If so, you must really be rolling in dough or have no sense at all. And in spite of the exorbitant price difference, as far as I can determine, the EVO-10 is STILL not available from either of the two Canadian sources I'm aware of.

In any case, as a newcomer to match pistols, I came here asking for help, and instead of getting that, I get dumped on by a bunch of holier than thou anonymous Internet smartasses who think everyone should have come into this sport knowing everything. None of you were ever beginners I guess. And none of you ever needed/wanted help from more experienced users. I hope you all feel like really big smart guys. Go ahead and pat yourselves on the back.

Thank you for the help and have a good day.
CZ200S "Green" .177
AA S400 MPR FT .177
Steyr EVO 10
Weihrauch HW50S .22
Rover

Post by Rover »

At least he's polite, William, you f'ing smartass bitch.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

In any case, as a newcomer to match pistols, I came here asking for help, and instead of getting that, I get dumped on by a bunch of holier than thou anonymous Internet smartasses who think everyone should have come into this sport knowing everything. None of you were ever beginners I guess. And none of you ever needed/wanted help from more experienced users. I hope you all feel like really big smart guys. Go ahead and pat yourselves on the back.
Stand firm Mtl-Biker. There are at least two dickheads on this forum that can't keep their mouths shut and be thought of as stupid, but continually open them and prove it.
They are an annoyance to others and a way around it could be to add another forum to the index called " fools, irritants and legends in their own minds" to which the moderators could transfer such unhelpful and self gratifying remarks.
David M

Post by David M »

Getting back on topic, if you can prove it is the regulator then buy a replacement to get the
pistol shooting.
Send the old one back to Steyr direct with a letter for warranty claim.
Who knows it may work......and be the cheapest way out.
mhkhung

Post by mhkhung »

Unfortunately, guns are very prone to design-flaws. Electronic triggers are worse.. no one seems to want a Pardini with electronic trigger..

My LP-10E broke twice in the first year I got it with the dry-fire 'stop' just broke away, with Steyr replacing the main section twice until a new design is done with the 'stop' now an integral part of the main body instead of weld on. (They have great service though.. just describe the problem to them, the part breaking is easy as I just sent a photo..).

BTW, I would deal with the local dealers first. There must be reasons why they don't want to bring in something as they get shipments from Steyr every month, and I got really good support from them.

- M
Silvershooter

Post by Silvershooter »

Have you tightened the cylinder on the cylinder properly, it comes to a definite stop when tightened ?
There should not be a gap between cylinder and regulator.
Rover

Post by Rover »

deadeyedick wrote:
Stand firm Mtl-Biker. There are at least two dickheads on this forum that can't keep their mouths shut and be thought of as stupid, but continually open them and prove it.
They are an annoyance to others and a way around it could be to add another forum to the index called " fools, irritants and legends in their own minds" to which the moderators could transfer such unhelpful and self gratifying remarks.
Well, Mtl_Biker, THAT certainly added to your store of AP knowledge.
C. Perkins

Post by C. Perkins »

Silvershooter wrote:Have you tightened the cylinder on the cylinder properly, it comes to a definite stop when tightened ?
There should not be a gap between cylinder and regulator.
Very good point !

When I first started shooting my LP1 had a failure like the OP mentioned.
Come to find out that I was being too careful with threading the cylinder onto the pistol to prevent thread galling.

Just an extra 1/4 turn to full contact solved the problem.

Lube the o-ring and threads very lightly and snug the cylinder down until it stops.
You will feel resistance while installing the cylinder, but keep going until it stops.

I hope you resolve your issue.
Good luck.

Clarence
D.R. badge #99
Heddok

Post by Heddok »

Mti biker
I feel for you. As a fellow Canadian I understand how difficult it is to explain about things up here. I've imported guns direct from Europe without factory support, dealt with high prices domestically, gone online for support etc. etc. There are very limited resources to diagnose and repair high end match AP's and SP's.

We all end up fixing our own guns as there's simply not a gunsmith on every corner as there is down south.

I know nothing about Styer's so can't help but you're doing the right thing coming here. Welcome to the community.

Call Jocelyn at Cibles and Harvey at Airguns plus. At least they can get you going in the right direction.
OTD

Post by OTD »

I dont think it’s a big deal. There is not many other places to look for. The chance of being it the regulator is rather small. It’s nothing but an expansion chamber with a couple of springwashers stacked inside.

When the pistol “plops” normally when it’s fired without pellet, it’s technicaly sound but might loose some air between the regulator and the breech. It’s probably a faulty O ring, either the one on top of the receiver, the one at the bottom of the bolt or most unlikely the one between the frame and the regulator.You migh test it with overlubing the rings with silikon grease. It will seal the leak for a tests, but it’s no cure. If it the test is positive, you might replace the seal. Information about what size is needed can be found in the manual. Or you can try to the a set from Krahle as compensation.
ruig

Post by ruig »

I think you would feel a relative huge portion of an air leaving the pistol in some place if it was any faulty seal.

I suppose you would not able to cock the trigger and to hear any klick if it was a hammer fault.

Cylinder's valve... hmm... i would say it works or doesn't work. The problem cannot appear randomly there during one shooting session.

Velocity screw? After tightening the small screw on the right side of the frame the hammer's impact power must remain the same +/-.

Regulator? There is one sensible part - rod with a seal. I would check it visually for any damages.

http://www.kiehberg.in/media/catalog/pr ... 020515.jpg
ruig

Post by ruig »

Steyr is also offers special tool for regulator and cylinder tests. It is about 100 euroso worth... but I am not sure if a hobby shooter really needs it.