10m Air pistol / Air rifle ranges Portland Oregon Westside?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Peter E

10m Air pistol / Air rifle ranges Portland Oregon Westside?

Post by Peter E »

Hi

May be spending 6+ mths in Portland, considering how much of a PITA it would be to bring my AP and AR (no not that type of AR - banned in Australia) with me not sure it would be worth the hassle.

Found this one that may be OK but minimum target distance in the rules is 50ft:

https://portlandrifleandpistol.wordpress.com

Any on the Westside, Aloha/Hilsboro area? Any that cater to ISSF matches?

Thanks. Peter E.
bking

Re: 10m Air pistol / Air rifle ranges Portland Oregon Westsi

Post by bking »

The closest gun club to Aloha/Hillsboro would probably be Tri-County http://www.tcgc.org As far as I know they don't host ISSF matches, but they have excellent ranges including indoor with electronic targets.

I shoot at Portland Rifle & Pistol Club, probably a 30 minute drive from where you'll be. I don't know much about the rifle program, but we shoot pistol every Monday evening. We have 5 or 6 shooting air pistol & do informal matches monthly. PM me for information when you get here.
jmdavis

Post by jmdavis »

I don't think you will have any real problems bringing an air pistol or rifle into the US. I don't know about the potential issues getting them back home when you leave though.
Peter E

Post by Peter E »

jmdavis wrote:I don't think you will have any real problems bringing an air pistol or rifle into the US. I don't know about the potential issues getting them back home when you leave though.
Yes my understanding is that there not even firearms in the US so no issue there. Coming back in will require some extensive paperwork, particularly if the dates don't work for the mandatory competition attendances necessary to hold an H class licence NSW. Somthing to look forward to after 14+ hour flight squeezed into an economy seat.

Peter E.
Peter E

Post by Peter E »

Firstly thanks for the PM's from you stateside gents, you know whom you are and I will touch base once I am closer to being on the ground.

Well I am very surprised at the getting back into Australia process!

I spent the requisite 10 mins on hold to the NSW (state) firearms registry and after dealing with some local matters raised the issue of returning with firearms (includes air arms) and a very helpful lady advised that there have been amendments to the Australian Customs legislation.

I have emailed customs, quoting chapter and verse, to confirm, however the NSW firearms registry no longer needs to issue B709's (State approval to "import") for already NSW registered class A (air and rimfire longarms) , B (centre fire longarms) and H (all handguns incl. air). C (semi auto RF) & D (semi auto CF) are still require several more hoops, irrespective of current registration etc.

Apparently, you just turn up from OS with your current NSW firearms licence with the appropriate A, B or H endorsements, the NSW registration paperwork (in your name) for the "firearms" and you can enter the country with your guns under your arm. After finding a customs officer who knows where to look for the serial numbers etc.

She cautioned to re-enter the country via Sydney, NSW, as no idea what happens if you clear customs in Brisbane, Qld (another state - another set of gun laws) not because of any known issues, (but that they were a bit odd up there.)

All the best.