Steyr EVO 10

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Mtl_Biker

Re: Steyr EVO 10

Post by Mtl_Biker »

Ndp wrote:I'm also from Montreal and was thinking of also getting Steyr LP10E . Can you tell me how was your experience with your dealer in Europe? Did they suggest and test pellets to go with your Pistol? I often travelled to Germany and was thinking about bringing one back however if your experience has been good I may just order and save the hassle. Where did you order it from and was the price with shipping reasonable?
Thanks a lot for your help.
Ndp
I ordered from Krale in the Netherlands. My experience with them has been excellent, and various gun forums are full of praise for them. I'm not sure how it works if you pick up a gun while in Europe in terms of the VAT... maybe the dealer actually has to ship the gun to you here in Canada in order to not have to pay the VAT. You should check that out.

You should not have any problem as far as I know, in importing an LP10E, because that's a gun that's been around a long time and it exists in the RCMP "FRT" (Firearms Reference Table) that officials use to determine the classification of a gun and whether or not it can be imported.

I was told by Krale that the LP10 (and LP10E) have been discontinued, and that the replacement is the EVO 10 (and EVO 10E). That's why I ordered an EVO 10. (And indeed, the latest Steyr catalog does not include the LP10.) All the best of the LP10 plus several improvements. The problem that I'm running into is that when my EVO 10 arrived in Canada it was not YET listed in the FRT. So they have sent the gun for further investigation (probably determining the shooting velocity, etc.). It's been in that investigation for 9 days so far and I don't know when it'll be released. But from what I understand from a source with a contact in the RCMP, it has just now (two days ago) actually BEEN ADDED to the FRT. So future importation of that model should be no problem. My timing was just a bit off and my gun got caught in the middle.

In the meantime another rifle I ordered from Krale 2 weeks after the Steyr, HAS arrived in Canada today, and has ALREADY been cleared at the border and I should have it tomorrow. That's because it's a gun that's long been in the FRT and it is a rifle and not a pistol.

I did not ask Krale's opinion about which pellets to use. I will have the pleasure of determining that myself as I get used to the gun.

Finally about the price... including the shipping and exchange rate and 3% duty, my landed price on the pistol is many hundreds of dollars LESS than what it is from the Canadian source for these pistols.

That's now three air guns I've ordered from Europe and other than the delay with the Steyr pistol because it's so new, it's all gone smooth as silk. I'd certainly do it again.

Cheers!
AA S510 Xtra FAC Ultimate Sporter *CARBINE* .22
CZ200S "Green" .177
Feinwerkbau 800 Evolution Top
AA S400 MPR FT .177
Steyr EVO 10
Weihrauch HW50S .22
ruig

Post by ruig »

Evo 10E.

Talked with Steyr team. The demonstrated new electronics to me.

First of all - they implemented circuit delay after shot release. Finally.
LP10E owners know how it "clicks" multiple times sometimes while pulling the trigger (micro switch pressed and released multiple times... sometimes...).
Now you can stay longer somewhere "on the edge" after the shot... without following multiple solenoid strikes.

No micro switch. Good. No "Click" feeling (like a PC mouse).

Smaller electronics and small lithium accu. Good.

First thing that almost every Steyr shooter will notice - index finger is absolutely free (in my case at least). No contact with the grip due to new narrower grip.
Mounting screw on the bottom of the grip. Good.

Trigger mounting frame redesigned... trigger blade can be moved even more further backwards (about 4mm more?)
zanemoseley

Post by zanemoseley »

I'm looking forward to hearing some hands on Evo reviews.
Ndp

Post by Ndp »

I was told by Krale that the LP10 (and LP10E) have been discontinued, and that the replacement is the EVO 10 (and EVO 10E). That's why I ordered an EVO 10. (And indeed, the latest Steyr catalog does not include the LP10.) All the best of the LP10 plus several improvements. The problem that I'm running into is that when my EVO 10 arrived in Canada it was not YET listed in the FRT. So they have sent the gun for further investigation (probably determining the shooting velocity, etc.). It's been in that investigation for 9 days so far and I don't know when it'll be released. But from what I understand from a source with a contact in the RCMP, it has just now (two days ago) actually BEEN ADDED to the FRT. So future importation of that model should be no problem. My timing was just a bit off and my gun got caught in the middle.
Thank You for the info. I guess they must be thrilled to test the new LP{10. I can imagine why it takes 9 days.
Ndp
Rover

Post by Rover »

There will be some great LP10 deals out there for those who didn't sip the EVO Kool-Ade.