Pardini K12 Updates (older vs. newer)

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
sparky

Pardini K12 Updates (older vs. newer)

Post by sparky »

I've read a post on here that aside from the cosmetic changes and the changes in cylinders there was some sort of change to the trigger on Pardini K12s. Can anyone elaborate on any mechanical changes/updates?
Europa

Re: Pardini K12 Updates (older vs. newer)

Post by Europa »

I'm not convinced there have been any changes to the trigger mechanism. My K12 dates from around July 2015. It's the same great trigger; super crisp and responsive, ideal for releasing that "surprise shot." How do you make improvements to a brilliant trigger?
Leon

Post by Leon »

Hi,

I owned the "first model" K12 , and now have the newly-updated K12. Apart from cosmetic changes, there are also updates to the trigger ( improving an already brilliant trigger ) and to the cylinder as well - it does not bind as the older K12 cylinders did - and is easy to unscrew...

The grip is better as well..
sparky

Post by sparky »

Leon wrote:Hi,

I owned the "first model" K12 , and now have the newly-updated K12. Apart from cosmetic changes, there are also updates to the trigger ( improving an already brilliant trigger ) and to the cylinder as well - it does not bind as the older K12 cylinders did - and is easy to unscrew...

The grip is better as well..
What specifically was different about the first trigger? Is the internal design totally different? If so, how? Did it have different adjustments?
therider

Post by therider »

in my club nearly every month there is a new k12. Cannot spot any difference in trigger, at least for k12 sold in the last 2 years.
Leon

Post by Leon »

There are no external changes to the trigger, but minor improvements to the mechanics inside.

Email pardini.it and ask them. They are normally very helpful & responsive.

But I would not pass up a good deal on the first gen K12 for the latest one. The changes are not revolutionary.

I went from the first gen K12 to a LP10E - which I never got on with - I think it had a very bad attitude :) - and now back in the Pardini AP fold with the latest K12..
Europa

Post by Europa »

I'm no engineer or mechanical expert; but will the long length of these sears create a super fast shot release? It's the only thing about my K12 which I couldn't do without.
Attachments
A.jpg
j o danielsson

Post by j o danielsson »

The picture above shows a pistol exactly like mine. Mine was made in 2013.
thirdwheel

Post by thirdwheel »

And a small flat milled on the bolt slider to help the rollers support the small screw from some sheer forces when closing the breech against the sealing rubber forces. Pardini are impressing me how they are ironing out problems they have come across through testing and feed back from those that use them.