3D-Printed Precision Target Pistol Grips

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
ABerryhill

3D-Printed Precision Target Pistol Grips

Post by ABerryhill »

I want to let everyone on TargetTalk know about a new business I’ve started making custom precision target pistol grips. Using 3D-scanning and printing technology I’ve been making custom grips for the college team I coach for the past year. I’ve made grips for a wide variety of guns and hand sizes. What got me started was a left-handed, cross-eye dominant shooter with tiny hands. Using the techniques I’ve developed, I’ve finally got proper-sized grips for her and her scores started going up her first time shooting with them. And best of all, I can make these grips for significantly less than a pair of traditional wood grips. Take a look at my site for samples of my work and to learn more -PrecisionTargetPistolGrips.com. Or you can send me an email at PrecisionTargetPistolGripsATgmail.com if you have questions.

Thanks,
Andrew
Attachments
LP 50 with woodish SMALL.jpg
Leon

Re: 3D-Printed Precision Target Pistol Grips

Post by Leon »

ABerryhill wrote:I want to let everyone on TargetTalk know about a new business I’ve started making custom precision target pistol grips. Using 3D-scanning and printing technology I’ve been making custom grips for the college team I coach for the past year. I’ve made grips for a wide variety of guns and hand sizes. What got me started was a left-handed, cross-eye dominant shooter with tiny hands. Using the techniques I’ve developed, I’ve finally got proper-sized grips for her and her scores started going up her first time shooting with them. And best of all, I can make these grips for significantly less than a pair of traditional wood grips. Take a look at my site for samples of my work and to learn more -PrecisionTargetPistolGrips.com. Or you can send me an email at PrecisionTargetPistolGripsATgmail.com if you have questions.

Thanks,
Andrew
Had a look at your website. Your grips are very nice and I'm sure you will be successful in this venture...
ABerryhill

Post by ABerryhill »

Thank you for the kind words of support. It is very gratifying helping people get into proper fitting shooting equipment. Traditional grips are meant for "average" size hands. It turns out, no one is "average". We're all different. 3d printing is ideal for custom target grips. Just look at what 3d printing is doing for the world of prosthetics. The parallels between the issues of making a custom grip and making a prosthesis are very similar.
mikeyj

Post by mikeyj »

Just what I've been looking for. I think I may well be ordering a set for my High Standard and my 22/45.
David W. Johnson

Post by David W. Johnson »

Andrew worked with me on a custom grip. Although my Rink fit very well, he was able to adjust a couple of aspects of it to my preference. Most importantly, he made it shorter from the bottom so that the pistol will now fit in the box. I wasn't using that part, but it was exceeding the rules.

David
ABerryhill

Post by ABerryhill »

David,

Thanks for the great endorsement! I'm so glad you've got a grip now that is within the rules and a pleasure to shoot.

Andrew
Ken O

Post by Ken O »

How do you measure for making these?
conradin

Post by conradin »

If you can 3D print mechanical pistol grip, you can 3D electronic pistol grip. You just need to get samples from others and then hollow out whatever space is needed. I'm really tempted to see if you can make a Morini 84E for me because my hand is too large for S and too small for M. Even with the Rink it is not 100% secure. I have no woodworking skills.
ABerryhill

Post by ABerryhill »

For Ken O, take a look at the page on my site, PrecisionTargetPistolGrips.com, titled Custom Measuring and you'll see the process I use to fit your hand to a custom grip. You can also contact me directly from the site itself if you have further questions.

For Vince, yes, I can certainly accommodate the internals of the Morini electronic trigger and make a grip that fits you. I'd just need to borrow the grip for a few days to be sure I measure the voids in it appropriately. Drop me an email at PrecisionTargetPistolGrips(AT)gmail.com and we can work out the details.

Thanks both for asking,
Andrew
Nine major

Post by Nine major »

Hi I am interested in two custom grips.one for a ruger mark 2 and one for a smith and Wesson 41.please send me info on how to fit my hand ,pricing and colors you offer.i know you are at camp perry this coming week so I am in no big rush.

Thanks Jim
ABerryhill

Post by ABerryhill »

Jim,

Thanks for your interest in my grips. Yes, I'd he happy to make a pair of grips for your Ruger and 41. See my website at PrecisionTargetPistolGrips.com for details of materials, colors and sizing.

All best,

Andrew
scerir

Post by scerir »

It seems there is something in Italy, '3D Print Service', see https://www.facebook.com/3dprintservice.it/
Attachments
grips made by 3D Print Service (Italy)
grips made by 3D Print Service (Italy)
grips.jpg (18.4 KiB) Viewed 7973 times
Capebbr

Post by Capebbr »

Andrew made a copy of my Walther gsp grips to fit an Izh46. He did a great job matching the grip angle and I am very happy with his product.
therider

Post by therider »

scerir wrote:It seems there is something in Italy, '3D Print Service', see https://www.facebook.com/3dprintservice.it/
It seems even better, they can print with wood!!!
jglenn

Post by jglenn »

Andrew also has the Wood composite material.. the 1911 grip he made for me is made from it and it's excellent...My grip is shown on his site under Grip finishing.. the Material paints quite easily. I used Alumihide II from brownells.. great stuff BTW

Use Andrew and you will not be disappointed.

He just added multi-color Wood composite grips.. You can get them in walnut color now as well as others...
Mark McKean

Post by Mark McKean »

Just received my grip for my IZH46 from Percision Target Pistol Grips and they fit my hand great thank you Andrew . I have three of your grips 1911, 52, now IZH46 all are great keep up the good work.
DannyC

Post by DannyC »

I Just received Andrew’s grips for my old S&W 14-2. Andrew kept me informed throughout his measuring and manufacturing process. His service is excellent and I can’t say enough good about that. The grips arrived a couple days ago and I immediately got them on the revolver. They fit me perfectly. All our ranges are currently closed due to Covid-19 so it will be a while before I give them a full tryout. Given the good service thus far and the fine fit, I’m confident they’ll be a great improvement on what I have now.
rshacky

Post by rshacky »

Would you be able to do a custom palm shelf? I recently bought an IZH-46, and my only gripe is that the palm shelf digs into the heel of my hand.
-TT-

Post by -TT- »

Andrew made me one for my Benelli, and it worked out well. But be careful - the 3D printing process does not create a solid part, the interior is a honeycomb. He adds extra material around the bolt(s), but don't go nuts when tightening it down, for example.

Also, on the Izzy, be careful of your technique when cocking. If you're like me, you may tend to use the back edge of the shelf for leverage. This would be problematic for a 3D-printed shelf given the stress direction. It may also be what's aggravating the heel of your hand.
ABerryhill

Post by ABerryhill »

Yes, I'd be happy to make a custom shelf (or whole custom grip) for you. Here is a link for the shelf option and a complete custom grip. Let me know if you have any questions.

https://www.precisiontargetpistolgrips. ... sweep.html
https://www.precisiontargetpistolgrips. ... ifles.html

All best,
Andrew

rshacky wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:25 pm Would you be able to do a custom palm shelf? I recently bought an IZH-46, and my only gripe is that the palm shelf digs into the heel of my hand.