New updates for the MATCHGUNS MG2 RIO 2016

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Thedrifter

Re: New updates for the MATCHGUNS MG2 RIO 2016

Post by Thedrifter »

Im curious, how would one get this pistol into the states? do we have a distributor?
Jcortiz

Post by Jcortiz »

I 'm still waiting for an order I placed 3 weeks ago but they said they are atill on hollydays. The first time I ask for some parts they were very fast on the service but now I have to wait until their hollydays end....we are needing a service center/ rep shop in USA !
kbc

Matchguns importer in USA

Post by kbc »

Hi fellows,

Heritage Arms in Naples, Florida will be the Matchguns impporter. They are in the middle of processing the paper works for importing, etc.

KBC
Thedrifter

Re: Matchguns importer in USA

Post by Thedrifter »

kbc wrote:Hi fellows,

Heritage Arms in Naples, Florida will be the Matchguns impporter. They are in the middle of processing the paper works for importing, etc.

KBC
I just received an email saying the same thing from their company. I'm very tempted but I'm also not a pistol shooter... yet.
SlartyBartFast

Re: Matchguns importer in USA

Post by SlartyBartFast »

kbc wrote:Hi fellows,

KBC

I haven't yet been dissuaded from my desire to asquire an MG2 RF (maybe E). If Heritage Arms finishes their paperwork, they might be an option for me. Have to see which is easiest, most convenient, and most economical. Purchasing and importing to Canada from a European store, the Matchguns factory direct, or from the US.
- Smith & Wesson SW22 Victory
- FAS SP607
jens_ms

Post by jens_ms »

Sorry to revive an old topic

Does anyone know what serial number a Match Gun MG2 should have to include these updates?

I ask because I am about to buy a new one, but I was told the serial number is 52xx, which I think is not that new, but maybe more like 2013?

If the trigger was improved at the later versions, I would not really want to go without the improvement, even if it is still reliable.
paulNZ

Post by paulNZ »

52xx is not new production. It's an earlier serial number than my MG2 which was manufactured in 2014. 2013-2014 would be right.
Heddok

Post by Heddok »

My MG-2RF was manufactured March 2015 with serial number #53XX
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

I am also sure that 52xx is some time earlier than the latest updates. Definitely "new old stock".
jens_ms

Post by jens_ms »

What are your experiences regarding reliability of the 5xxx match guns? The price is much better than what other dealers are charging, so I think I will get it anyway. From other topics it seems that a MG2 with S/NR over 5000 should be nice and reliable. I guess whatever changes was made regarding the trigger is maybe not that big of a difference? I mean, either way it is probably a very nice trigger?
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

The trigger has never been the problem with MG2 pistols, they have been excellent from the initial release.

The problem has been with failure to load a following round resulting in a jam which needs the slide cover being removed in order for it to be cleared.

The most important change recently introduced into production has been the re design of the bullett elevation platform which has corrected the feeding issue.

My first MG2 s/n 21xx was purchased in 2006 and malfunctioned regularly. My last MG2 s/n 52xx purchased in 2014 was better, however would still m/f without any reason from time to time.

I will definitely buy another MG as it has a certain magic all its own.

A friend of mine bought the latest model only a few weeks ago and reports that it functions flawlessly on all brands of ammo.

If it were me I would pay the extra money for the latest model and you will never look back. It will also have better resale value if you decide to move on.
jens_ms

Post by jens_ms »

I am at a bit of a loss. Unfortunately, due to greedy dealers I guess, a brand new one is more than 40% more expensive, which doesnt make sense, but there is only very few dealers in my country.

On one hand I want something reliable, on the other hand I dont want to be ripped off by paying ridiculous prices
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

If you buy it and it is one of the reliable earlier versions then you are way ahead.
However if it causes problems you will soon become disenchanted and its resale will be very low.

I bought a standard version in about 2009 that has never malfunctioned since new.

Express your concerns about reliability and have the sale based on it performing correctly allowing a return and refund if not satisfied.
jens_ms

Post by jens_ms »

Thank you for the suggestion, I will try to do that

The 2014 matchgun you mentioned would malfunction sometimes, was that a rapidfire version?

It seems that they are a bit 'hit or miss' at least those without the newest upgrades. Maybe it would be possible to replace the old bullet feed parts with the new upgraded ones? Although that may be quite expensive of course
jens_ms

Post by jens_ms »

Apparently there has been a bit of a mix-up regarding the serial number. It is not 52xx but rather 55xx. I dont know how much this changes though, unless Match Guns only has small production numbers?

But I guess that could be the case maybe, after all I would asume that the market for olympic style pistols is somewhat limited

*edit
I asked the German distributor, who I think in turn asked the factory
It should be new production, and they wrote specifically that it had all the latest improvements

Now I just have to wait for the permit, which will probably take about two months if I am lucky :)
I_right_I

Post by I_right_I »

Jens_ms,
Did you end up eventually buying the MG2 and if so, what is the feedback? Any issues with the the pistol with feeding reliability etc?
I am looking to buy one in the near future and would appreciate any feedback on your personal experience with the gun. Pistol looks mighty intriguing....
Anyone here have any experience with the MG4 in 32 S&W Long?
Regards.