Steyr Sport Evo10 and Evo10E

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
argus

Steyr Sport Evo10 and Evo10E

Post by argus »

Evo10 and Evo10E from Steyr's Facebook page, I'm sure some better photos and specifications will surface soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z41u7KQsGo4

Last edited by argus on Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
therider

Re: Steyr Sport Evo10 and Evo10E

Post by therider »

bettter pictures, like this one? :-)
Attachments
IMG_3781.JPG
therider

Post by therider »

or the new canting adjustable rear and also front sight ....yes the front sight can be adjusted for canting too
Attachments
IMG_3791.JPG
therider

Post by therider »

the new electronic has a power supply which can be loaded with a mini usb. usual 10,000 shots. when 300 are left the light blinks.
Attachments
IMG_3790.JPG
IMG_3790.JPG
therider

Post by therider »

new shroud...just cosmetic
Attachments
IMG_3789.JPG
IMG_3789.JPG
therider

Post by therider »

The electronic is very small, the cable can be detached at both ends. The housing the in the grip is much smaller, and the grip is new. I have to say a much better grip than the old one (which I deeply disliked).

The electronic trigger is finally with no microswitch, like the one which Cesare Morini made 1000 years ago! It is crisp, not as crisp as that of Matchguns though. I would say something in between the Matchgun and the Morini. If one likes the super crisp, still Cesare's is the best!
Attachments
IMG_3782.JPG
therider

Post by therider »

Unfortunately no changes in the pressure regulator which is not really the best in the market, to use a british understatement! But I am used to my Matchguns. All Matchguns which I have seen, have a speed variation of few tenth of m/s... yes about +- 0.3 m/s.... my old LP10 was over 10m/s variation! When I tested diabolos, after the first 50 shots I had a considerable worsening of the grouping.
Pity that thay have not improved that.

Also no improvements in the recoil absorber, which is again notoriously not very consistent. Pity again. I have also seen the new Finewerkbau. They have changed the recoil absorber. Apparently much better than the old one, according to the people at IWA.

Anyway, despite this 2 pitfalls, it is really a very nice pistol which Steyr has delivered.... a nice new toy which i would happily add to my pistol
therider

Post by therider »

The electronic costs 1800 euros and will be delivered in a month, the mechanical version next week.

By the way for those who think this is expensive, what about changing shooting discipline? Here is a kind of Ferrari, made of course in Brescia, like 99.999% of Italian weapons.
What about spending over 300,000Euros for these guns????????? yes 300,000 Euros.... it's not a mistake!
Attachments
IMG_3793.JPG
IMG_3794.JPG
argus

Post by argus »

You make it sound like the evolution has been a bit underwhelming, were you able to see if the trigger assembly components and housing are still plastic and did they display a sectional drawing or cut away trigger assembly?
Last edited by argus on Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
therider

Post by therider »

The trigger housing is now in aluminium. Also more room for thick fingers and trigger blade can go more backwards for short fingers
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Nice job therider and argus. You have mentiond a new model FWB rider, do you have any more info or even pictures ?
J R

Post by J R »

Any information if old LP10E air pistols can be upgraded with the new trigger?

Although I must say that I do not like the idea of a lithium battery. They start to degrade right after being manufactured and degrade faster if kept at full charge. Would much rather have a standardized primary cell on a pistol than non-standardized size soft shell lithium battery.
flolo

Post by flolo »

FYI: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUAY67H6tE0

seems like the year of the facelift at fwb & steyr
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Danke flolo.
flolo

Post by flolo »

You're welcome.

I just hope we don't see the start the same silly thing here as with bow manufacturers,
where they sell you the same bow for decades, just change the name and the looks every year, include some minor improvements, and present it as something totally new.

by the way(CONSPIRACY THEORY!!! Dont take this too serious!): why is it called p8x? is it p44 times 2? and why dont they call it p88 then? is it, because "88" is regarded in germany as a neonazi-code? this would mean that "44" stands for "DD", which is this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZNOk7up ... 3VI47HKy9p

;-)
therider

Post by therider »

I forgot to ask if lp10e can be upgraded.

FWB is really disappointing. They said that a new recoil adsorber is in the pistol. Also they have done something which I would have liked to have for ages: 6 small holes in the grip for adjustment of the grip without removing the grip. Great idea but bloody useless if you get a custom made grip!!!! Note that 4 of the holes are underneath the middle section of the fingers!

Moreover, I had the impression that FWB does not talk to shooters, but just read fashion magazine... Certainly they do not read Targettalk! Last week there was Milan Fashion week and they sent their top engineers to ask models how do they like the rear sight. The result? 30 years after Morini 162, they have removed their rear sights and literally copied that of 162.
I challenged the guys, and asked why would you do that? The answer??? "Because it seems to be the present trend to have a nice small rear sight". I went ballistic....I asked them if the have ever shot a bullet, and asked if they had ever realised that the only week point (in my view) of the 162 is exactly the small and vertical rear sight!
therider

Post by therider »

By the way FWB has also an artistic shroud over the barrel, much more than evo 10
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Thanks therider....any change to the AW93?
therider

Post by therider »

page of the catalog
Attachments
IMG_3795.JPG
therider

Post by therider »

deadeyedick wrote:Thanks therider....any change to the AW93?
Sorry...as far as 22lr is concerned, i shoot Pardini (although not mine), and I shoot extremely well with it. The grip is naturally perfect. But despite that I am dreaming of buying a Matchgun sportpistol MG2 and free pistol MG5...

I tried yesterday the MG5, Pablo Carrera was there chatting with Cesare.... I understand why he choose to shoot MG5 as a free pistol. The trigger is something you can only dream about! You just need to think that you want to release .... and it does!
So I have not been looking around for sport pistols, sorry.