Matchguns feedback?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
william

Matchguns feedback?

Post by william »

Does anybody here have firsthand experience with the Matchguns MGH1 Mechanical? If so, care to share?

Please - no second & third hand tales, rumors, rants, unrelated trolling, etc.
SamEEE

Re: Matchguns feedback?

Post by SamEEE »

Edited: Disregard this post - it has nothing to do with the MGH-1.
Last edited by SamEEE on Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
left360

Post by left360 »

I had a Gehman GP-1 branded Matchgun MGH1. The regulator went bad on mine after about 1700 rounds. There was no service center in the US so it would have required it being sent back to Italy. Matchgun didn't have the part to fix it in stock. Turn around time was estimated to be 9 months to a year. I acquired a Morini 162EI and haven't looked back.

I did like the pistol though. Great balance, fantastic trigger and very comfortable grip out of the box for my hand. Just no support in the US.
Skorpionworks

Post by Skorpionworks »

I own one (serial # 10049). Have shot 1000s of pellets with no problems. I had MatchGuns do a service last year when ai as at the factory in Italy to have Cersare Morini work on my grip. I built my own stabilizer weight bar, as it was easier than sourcing the factory one.

I own other pistols as well (Steyr) but I like the MGH1.
wasatch

Post by wasatch »

My MGH1 is the hybrid w/ elec trigger, a newer version (sn 10516) w/ an additional screw holding down the black block behind the breech. I use both triggers. Have a few thousand pellets through it and many more dry clicks with no problems. Liked it better than K12 (mainly due to MGH1 adjustable grip) and LP400 I've tried.

Have you held one? The grip is very contoured. I like it: It feels like home.
SamEEE

Post by SamEEE »

Opps, I misread this one. I mean to say that my complaints are with the MG-1. Although I have seen a MGH-1 crap out also.

It wouldn't fire something was binding on a sharp edge inside the frame. Hybrid model - 2014.
Image Image
therider

Post by therider »

In my club there are now 7 MGH1. It went from 1 to 7 within 6 months....as people heard the positive comments of the other colleagues and tried the pistol themself. All extremely happy.
Now there are 2 more colleagues considering buying one.

never seen any of the problems SamEEE described. These are however 2014 and 2015 versions, and all hybrid.

I have only tested the mechanical trigger on MGH4 and MGH2. It was very good. But the electronic is of another league...all the 7 shooters here agree that it is the best trigger on the market at the moment. But in a week times there is Nurberg, with the new LP10...may be Steyr managed to make an even better trigger than Cesare....we will see, but I doubt, although I am curious to see the new lp10 (I will go to IWA in Nurberg to see it!).

If you set the speed right, the MGH1 behaves has if it has a recoil adsorber.

If you decide to buy, make sure that it is late 2015 model, with the additional screw on the block with the cocking level. It makes a huge difference in trigger quality.
Also, I would buy the bar for additional weights. Weights are not on the barrel, which modifies the harmonics vibrations of the barrel, but hang from the trigger guard. Very good if you want a more heavy nose pistol.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

In my club there are now 7 MGH1. It went from 1 to 7 within 6 months....as people heard the positive comments of the other colleagues and tried the pistol themself. All extremely happy.
Now there are 2 more colleagues considering buying one.

never seen any of the problems SamEEE described. These are however 2014 and 2015 versions, and all hybrid.

I have only tested the mechanical trigger on MGH4 and MGH2. It was very good. But the electronic is of another league...all the 7 shooters here agree that it is the best trigger on the market at the moment. But in a week times there is Nurberg, with the new LP10...may be Steyr managed to make an even better trigger than Cesare....we will see, but I doubt, although I am curious to see the new lp10 (I will go to IWA in Nurberg to see it!).

If you set the speed right, the MGH1 behaves has if it has a recoil adsorber.

If you decide to buy, make sure that it is late 2015 model, with the additional screw on the block with the cocking level. It makes a huge difference in trigger quality.
Also, I would buy the bar for additional weights. Weights are not on the barrel, which modifies the harmonics vibrations of the barrel, but hang from the trigger guard. Very good if you want a more heavy nose pistol.

After shooting one recently I believe the post by therider to be the most accurate.

Please - no second & third hand tales, rumors, rants, unrelated trolling, etc.
Good luck with this one.
jbshooter

Post by jbshooter »

Walther FP also has nice electronic trigger. It's adjustable for travel, I don't think other guns have this feature.
Rover

Post by Rover »

William, perhaps you noticed that through sheer ignorance I have shut up on the subject.
william

Post by william »

Rover wrote:William, perhaps you noticed that through sheer ignorance I have shut up on the subject.
What a great opportunity for a Mark Twain quote:
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."

My father tried to beat that principle into my head. Pity it took until 40 years after he died for it to sink in.