Jong Oh Jin's new heater.

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
SamEEE

Jong Oh Jin's new heater.

Post by SamEEE »

Pulled these off the Facebook. Thought these might be interesting. Dated 20th January.

Grub screws in the top of the barrel? Also: He's never going to get anywhere without the extended rear sight...

Full size images here:
https://i.imgur.com/zK4ixR1.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/fqMSoBB.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/iRq7rcK.jpg
Image Image
Archangelsky

Re: Jong Oh Jin's new heater.

Post by Archangelsky »

Is this a new signature edition from Morini as I assume it is his name showing on the side of the pistol?
J R

Post by J R »

Is that a ported barrel in the middle picture? Or did this pistol always have one.
rmca

Post by rmca »

Most (if not all) competition air pistols have some sort of vent in the barrel.
jbshooter

Post by jbshooter »

Does the Walther LP400 have a drilled barrel under its shroud? I've never taken it off.
shaky hands

Post by shaky hands »

Where is Rover when you need him to tell Jin Jong-oh you can't buy points?
slofyr

Post by slofyr »

shaky hands wrote:Where is Rover when you need him to tell Jin Jong-oh you can't buy points?
Jin Jong-oh is clearly a wizard with an AP [and FP], and I know the evolution argument, but buying points with technology still dulls the shine of the effort applied in acquiring those points.

Ever wonder how the scores might change if all contestants were issued the exact same factory-spec pistol at a match?
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

J R wrote:Is that a ported barrel in the middle picture? Or did this pistol always have one.
If you mean the white marks t looks as if it could be screw marks from where the weight was.
Rover

Post by Rover »

shaky hands wrote:Where is Rover when you need him to tell Jin Jong-oh you can't buy points?
Well, you CAN buy the pellets tested in the photo. In my tests with two lots and three pistols, they always produced the smallest (30 shot) group.

I wonder if the gun is called "The East is Red."
nglitz

Post by nglitz »

J R wrote:Is that a ported barrel in the middle picture? Or did this pistol always have one.
Looks like small divots for securing sliding weights on the barrel. The top picture shows one.

My LP400 has neither ports nor divots under the barrel shroud.
Norm
in beautiful, gun friendly New Jersey
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

slofyr wrote:Jin Jong-oh is clearly a wizard with an AP [and FP], and I know the evolution argument, but buying points with technology still dulls the shine of the effort applied in acquiring those points.
I have to disagree.

The technology, which is available to everyone, takes nothing away from his natural talent, acquired skill, dedication and hard work.

There is no magic widget in the gun design that makes him a winner. He has chosen standard factory guns that suit him which, I have no doubt, are set up to his preferences.
therider

Post by therider »

rmca wrote:Most (if not all) competition air pistols have some sort of vent in the barrel.
162ei dose not have vents in the barrel. However in my club there is one shooter who got a vented barrel on request. Now Jim has got one too!
I tried it, and the muzzle does not flip any more....nearly as good as with an absorber. But why having them? You don't shoot more tens with the vents.
SamEEE

Post by SamEEE »

I have only one vent in my barrel. It is .177"/4.5mm across.

Still shoots okayish.
Image Image