Lens for SIUS target LED

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Loga Raj

Lens for SIUS target LED

Post by Loga Raj »

Hi all, I am new here.
Hoping to find out what would be the most suitable lens to use on my champion shooting glasses
on a 10 Meter air pistol target by SIUS with LED light?
Recently after a upgrade from the rollback paper target system.
I have been having trouble with seeing my sight clearly due to the very bright LED lighting.

I was wondering if using a coloured lens would help to see the sights more clearly.
If so what would be be the best lens and and colour to use.
My vision is and no degree required.

Thanks in advance.
Hope someone can help.
Coolmeester

Re: Lens for SIUS target LED

Post by Coolmeester »

Up! Share your experiences!
Center-fire pistol
Standard pistol
Rapid fire pistol
Free pistol
Air pistol
Rover

Post by Rover »

Cheapest thing to do would probably be to put in brighter lights at your position.
Coolmeester

Post by Coolmeester »

Rover wrote:Cheapest thing to do would probably be to put in brighter lights at your position.
I was mainly talking about lenses. I cant change the places where competitions are.
Center-fire pistol
Standard pistol
Rapid fire pistol
Free pistol
Air pistol
Pheyden

Post by Pheyden »

Is there anything stopping you from using a variable iris, and pehaps a gray or "neutral density" filter to reduce the amount of light that strikes the retina in the eye?
Coolmeester

Post by Coolmeester »

Pheyden wrote:Is there anything stopping you from using a variable iris, and pehaps a gray or "neutral density" filter to reduce the amount of light that strikes the retina in the eye?
I have knobloch iris but I'm not used to it so maybe it isn't the answer.. Still I give it a shot. I have some dificulties to see the sights when shooting inside (low light) so light reducing lenses could make it even worse. Best for me would be a lens which blocks only that sius blue light just a bit. Is there any that kind of lens?
Center-fire pistol
Standard pistol
Rapid fire pistol
Free pistol
Air pistol
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

The traditional lens color for increasing contrast is yellow. It's not exactly at the opposite end of the spectrum from blue, but it's worth a try. Red might be better from a filtering standpoint, but would probably be a bit darker than you want.