New FAS 6007 is here...

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
j-team

Re: New FAS 6007 is here...

Post by j-team »

brutale wrote: From 1978 to 1998, FAS pistols were in the hands of over 40% of International shooters worldwide.
What utter B.S.
william

Post by william »

brutale wrote:coming soon in 2016:
http://www.dominoguns.com/index.php/mor ... t=30&sku=1

Most famous FAS Sporting Pistols cal. .22 has a modular design can be quickly disassembled and adjusted every aspect. From 1978 to 1998, FAS pistols were in the hands of over 40% of International shooters worldwide. Some most notable champions shooting FAS pistols were: John T. McNally, Daniel Cesar Felizia, Roberto Ferraris, Ion Corneliu, Ricardo Youston, Lajos Pálinkás, Balogh László, Roman Lastretti, Balogh Palma, Ansermet Marcel, Ansermet Michel, Basinski Igor, Roosca Marcel, Joseph Gonzales, Jaspal Rana, Meng Gang, Bernardo Tobar Ante and many more.
Some old most Famous medals
1976 Olympic Games Montreal - Canada Bronze FAS DOMINO OP601 cal.22 short
1980 Olympic Games Mosca - Russia Gold FAS DOMINO OP601 cal.22 short
1988 Olympic Games Seul - Korea Bronze FAS DOMINO OP601 cal.22 short
1990 Olympic Games Barcellona - Spain Bronze FAS DOMINO OP601 cal.22 short
1982 World Championship Caracas - Venezuela Gold FAS DOMINO SP602 cal.22 l.r.
1994 World Championship Milan - Italy Silver FAS DOMINO SP607 cal.22 l.r.
1994 World Championship Milan - Italy Gold FAS DOMINO OP601 cal.22 short
1998 World Championship Barcellona - Spain Gold FAS DOMINO SP602 cal.22 l.r.
1998 World Championship Barcellona - Spain Silver FAS DOMINO SP602 cal.22 l.r.
COMING SOON? Says who? The original post header was:
Post subject: New FAS 6007 is here... PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:24 pm

15 months ago it's here; 15 months later coming soon. This is like "Who do you want to believe - me or your own eyes?"

And look at all the medals they claim. 9 medals, 5 of them in a discipline that no longer exists (rapid-fire with .22 short). This has all the excitement of Anheuser Busch renaming their undrinkable excuse for beer "America." I think there's a chilled IPA waiting for me downstairs. Here's to you, Rover!
j-team

Post by j-team »

brutale wrote: Some old most Famous medals

1994 World Championship Milan - Italy Gold FAS DOMINO OP601 cal.22 short
1994 Gold medal Rapid Fire was won with Walther OSP by Kucharczyk of Poland.
jerber

Post by jerber »

william wrote:WHAT AM I MISSING? Somebody dug up a year-old thread to comment on what? According to the Chiappa website, there is no 6007. Type 6007 into their search panel, and it suggests you check your spelling. The only pistols worth noting there (and barely so) are the FAS 6004 - you know, the one with the exquisite(?!?) quality control - and the Mateba-designed Rhino revolvers.

Where I grew up just outside Boston the company name would have been pronounced "Cheapah" with apparently good reason.
Sorry to bring this thread back
I was just curious
So I thought that I would ask if anyone heard/seen about this pistol
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Don't be sorry jerber ...you have every right to bring up whatever you wish.

I for one am curious as to whether the 6007 is still happening and personally appreciate you reigniting the topic.

I included the picture of my 607 to show the similarity. It is an amazing design with takedown requiring no tools and completed in about 3 seconds. The 601 .22 short, the 602 .22lr 603 .32 s&wl and 607.22lr are almost identical apart from the 601 grip and magazines of the three calibres.

I have owned a 601, 602, 603 and 607 and would like to add that Bruce Quick still holds the Australian Standard Pistol record 580 shot with a 607 in 1998. They are brilliant, and people that rant on as some have are usually uninformed or totally ignorant of the historical and mechanical truth. And even worse, have usually never owned or used, or in some cases even seen the pistols under discussion.
slofyr

Post by slofyr »

deadeyedick wrote:... 601, 602, 603 and 607.... They are brilliant, and people that rant on as some have are usually uninformed or totally ignorant of the historical and mechanical truth. And even worse, have usually never owned or used, or in some cases even seen the pistols under discussion.
Right on. Thank you for that.
j-team

Post by j-team »

deadeyedick wrote: They are brilliant, and people that rant on as some have are usually uninformed or totally ignorant of the historical and mechanical truth. And even worse, have usually never owned or used, or in some cases even seen the pistols under discussion.
I have shot 601 (both Domino and FAS), 602 (both Domino and FAS), 603, 604, 606, 607 and 609.

601: Probably the most successful FAS at international level, but fussy on ammo and no where near as reliable as the Walther OSP.
602: Again fussy on ammo, weak mag springs didn't help and the trigger constantly needing adjustment due to it being in two separate parts (trigger and trigger bar not attached to hammer/sear unit).
603: most reliable of the semi autos from a function point of view, but suffered the same trigger problems as the 602.
604: Good little pistol but too short and too slow to be competitive at high level (great training pistol though).
606: Solved the length and velocity problem of the 604 but arrived on the scene just as SSP died (sorry Rover!).
607: Solved the trigger issues of the 602 by having a one piece unit (held adjustments much better), but still had crap reliability.
609: Could have been a success for FAS, but just looked cheap and flimsy. Also I think it came at a time when FAS was almost dead and was never really promoted.

I think you said it earlier Deadeye, they are like old cars: Look better than they drive.
william

Post by william »

"... people that rant on as some have are usually uninformed or totally ignorant of the historical and mechanical truth. And even worse, have usually never owned or used, or in some cases even seen the pistols under discussion."

Take that, j-team! Since when does actual hands-on experience count for anything?
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Since when does actual hands-on experience count for anything?
I rest my case.....( and I think most Brain and Heart surgeons would too )
I have shot 601 (both Domino and FAS), 602 (both Domino and FAS), 603, 604, 606, 607 and 609.
Hello j-team...have you owned the 601,602,603 and 607 or just fired other shooters guns at different times ? Your findings regarding the reliability of the 607 are not similar to mine or other 607 owners I know. In fact the 601,602,603 and indeed the 607 proved no more troublesome for me than my OSP or GSP without the incredibly front heaviness of the Walthers.

My experiences show that most issf .22's work better on one brand of ammo or another and my FAS pistols were no different, however once found they worked at least as reliably as any other pistol I have owned.

I did not mention the FAS Air Pistol models as even though I have fired them as it would not be fair to comment based on not having knowledge as to how it had been treated or adjusted by the owner/previous owners.

Finally I was probably being a little unfair regarding the comparison to older cars as I should have compared the earlier FAS pistols to earlier Walthers, Uniques, Sakos and the like, where the balance and inherent accuracy of the FAS could in my opinion make it a Lamborghini of the time and indeed, it does not give away much, if any to more complex modern pistols.

I have owned almost as many Walther GSP's and their reliability is legendary but the front heaviness is abysmal. The balance problem was finally resolved with the introduction of the SSP.
j-team

Post by j-team »

deadeyedick wrote:
Since when does actual hands-on experience count for anything?
I rest my case.
Hello j-team...have you owned the 601,602,603 and 607 or just fired other shooters guns at different times ? Your findings regarding the reliability of the 607 are not similar to mine or other 607 owners I know. In fact the 601,602,603 and indeed the 607 proved no more troublesome for me than my OSP or GSP without the incredibly front heaviness of the Walthers.

My experiences show that most issf .22's work better on one brand of ammo or another and my FAS pistols were no different, however once found they worked at least as reliably as any other pistol I have owned.

I did not mention the FAS Air Pistol models as even though I have fired them it did not seem fair to comment based on not knowing how it had been treated or adjusted by the owner/previous owners.

Finally I was probably being a little unfair regarding the comparison to older cars as I should have compared the earlier FAS pistols to earlier Walthers, Uniques, Sakos and the like, where the balance and inherent accuracy of the FAS puts it in a different league.

I have owned almost as many Walther GSP's and their reliability is legendary but the front heaviness is abysmal. The balance problem was finally resolved with the SSP.

To shoot issf I would choose FAS... if I needed a pistol to crawl through mud while at war and work faultlessly I would choose Walther........however I am an issf shooter.
No I haven't owned all of them, but have fired and worked on them all. Don't get me wrong, I had to stop myself from owning a whole fleet of them as there are some very good features there, just a shame that they weren't made in Germany or Switzerland, as I think they would have ironed out some of the flaws. I once met Mr Mencarelli while in Italy, he seemed like nice guy, but perhaps a little too laid back to really push the business to the next level.

You are correct the 607 is the best of them (and maybe the 603), one of our top women shot one for years just was sad seeing her having to brush the mags out every series.

As for your comment on front heaviness, have you shot the 602 with the heavy barrel shroud! And I also think you are in the minority as front heavy pistols are pretty much dominant now in any event that requires recoil recovery. The Walther SSP is a clever pistol but how many people are using them at top level? Hardly any! I don't think I've seen a single person using one internationally in Rapid Fire only a few in Sport Pistol.

If you are an ISSF shooter, then you should be shooting a Pardini! If you are crawling though the mud, get a Glock!
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Yes I have had the 601 with the heavy shroud, however .22 short Rapid Fire had different requirements to the .22lr and my point was that the shorter, better balanced 601 handled the heavier weight as a result of its improved weight distribution than the longer OSP.

The SSP has better balance than the GSP was more my point.

There is no doubting the Pardini is a wonderful pistol but my belief is that some manufactures stack the firing line with top shooters through financial incentives. This does not make a particular brand a better pistol simply that more of the gifted shooters have been drawn to its use by financial means.

If you notice I had withdrawn the reference to crawling through mud from my post before you copied and then pasted it in your reply.....pity.

There is no doubt that if the Germans had produced the FAS it would/may have been an even more exceptional pistol. Having said that..I have the latest version of the Benelli MP90s World Cup ( made in Italy ) and the standard of finish and design is the best I have owned in 40 years of pistol shooting.

Glocks.......please ...no more...I surrender !
william

Post by william »

"... If you are crawling though the mud, get a Glock!"

Damn it! Do I have to get rid of my S&W Model 65?
j-team

Post by j-team »

deadeyedick wrote:There is no doubt that if the Germans had produced the FAS it would/may have been an even more exceptional pistol. Having said that..I have the latest version of the Benelli MP90s World Cup ( made in Italy ) and the standard of finish and design is the best I have owned in 40 years of pistol shooting.
Same applies to Pardini. If you look at a late 80s early 90s version you will see they are crap with poorly cast parts, often breaking slides and frames etc. But with modern CNC manufacturing and a company that kept evolving the design and manufacturing process, they now make a top product. In fact (sadly) the only make that has gone backwards in quality is Hammerli, now that Walther has turned what was once the premium brand into a bargain bin one!

And, William, you can keep your model 65, at least until you've fired your six available shots!
Rover

Post by Rover »

Remember, Willie....One shot, one kill!
Leon

Post by Leon »

Diverting this thread slightly, I'm thinking about adding a FAS 606 to my collection....

They are rare beasts here in the Antipodes, one has popped up for sale - and I'm been after one for ages....

Does anyone have any first hand experience with one?
william

Post by william »

Rover wrote:Remember, Willie....One shot, one kill!
I sincerely hope so. You get to be our age, if you need a second shot you've probably forgotten why.
j-team

Post by j-team »

Leon wrote:Diverting this thread slightly, I'm thinking about adding a FAS 606 to my collection....

They are rare beasts here in the Antipodes, one has popped up for sale - and I'm been after one for ages....

Does anyone have any first hand experience with one?
Was about 20 years ago but I don't remember anything obvious that I didn't like. Was much easier to shoot that the 604. They sit very low in the hand which I think is a good thing. Potters had them here in NZL before they shifted to Aus, good chance it was one of theirs, maybe even the one I tried! I would love to know what total production numbers were.
Leon

Post by Leon »

Thinking quite seriously about the FAS 606.....

I have quite a few FAS pistols ( 601, 602, 603, 604, 607, 6004 ) and it would be a nice addition to the collection...
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Nice collection Leon.....and the 606 will be a great addition.
Rover

Post by Rover »

William, talking about our age....

Unbelievable
Still at Hospital.... today is not a good day.

I decided to go horseback riding something I haven't done in over 20 yrs. It turned out to be a big mistake! I got on the horse and started out slow but then we went a little faster and before I knew it we were going as fast as the horse could go. I couldn't take the pace and fell off but caught my foot in the stirrup with the horse dragging me. It wouldn't stop it just kept going around and around in a circle.

Thank goodness the store manager at Wal-Mart came out and unplugged the machine.