Any experience with importing from Krale (Netherlands)

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
shaky hands

Re: Any experience with importing from Krale (Netherlands)

Post by shaky hands »

beeser wrote: Not all states (try to) impose sales taxes on online purchases and states that do not all purchases are subject to sales taxes. Some states don't have sales taxes. And of all the taxes imposed outside of customary retail transactions (store purchases and now some online retailers) very few taxes are paid. If anyone pays taxes on every legally obligated transaction they're in an extreme minority, about the same number of people that always follow speed limits.
If you live in Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire, or Oregon you do not have state sales tax, and you also do not have to pay any sales tax on online purchases. But if you live in any other state you do have to pay sales tax on your online purchases, notwithstanding the fact that the seller is not obligated to collect it. This is called use tax. Indeed, 99% of people ignore paying use taxes, but ignoring taxes is different from not having to pay them.
beeser

Post by beeser »

shaky hands wrote:... But if you live in any other state you do have to pay sales tax on your online purchases, notwithstanding the fact that the seller is not obligated to collect it. This is called use tax...
Not necessarily true, not all purchases, online or otherwise, are taxable. There are plenty of exceptions.
shaky hands

Post by shaky hands »

Sure, such as purchases from family members. For California the list of exemptions is
https://www.boe.ca.gov/sutax/faqex.htm
Neither one applies for air guns purchased abroad from a commercial seller.
beeser

Post by beeser »

shaky hands wrote:Sure, such as purchases from family members. For California the list of exemptions is
https://www.boe.ca.gov/sutax/faqex.htm
Neither one applies for air guns purchased abroad from a commercial seller.
Again, not necessarily true. There are more, even for folks residing in California. A little more research may help.
shaky hands

Post by shaky hands »

And what's the outcome of a little research?
beeser

Post by beeser »

shaky hands wrote:And what's the outcome of a little research?
Can't hold your shaky hands. Gotta do some of this for yourself.
shaky hands

Post by shaky hands »

No thanks, I won't be playing the game of proving a negative. But thank you for your contribution to the discussion, it really clarified arcane issues of tax law.
beeser

Post by beeser »

shaky hands wrote:No thanks, I won't be playing the game of proving a negative. But thank you for your contribution to the discussion, it really clarified arcane issues of tax law.
No need to take it personally Shaky Hands but your moniker was too much to resist in making my last comment. If you took offense to it I apologize. I'm not an attorney specializing in tax issues. Even if so I wouldn't dispense advice here. My only contribution to this discussion along with others is to support the previous notion that there are alternatives to purchasing from US retailers and that tax issues don't necessarily have to be a serious impediment. Sometimes it makes sense, at least for me. Everyone's circumstances and level of comfort in buying overseas will differ. Veel geluk
shaky hands

Post by shaky hands »

No offense taken, by "contribution" I did not mean you pun per se. I am not trying to discourage anyone from buying overseas, I am quite in favor of it, actually. But then I am not above joining 98.4% of the sinners who forgo paying state taxes on mail purchases.
shaky hands

Post by shaky hands »

JiriK wrote: Did you ask Karlslunde sport in Denmark?
Not bad price for K12.. http://www.karlslundesport.dk/default.a ... u&Item=139
Ordered mine from them about a year ago as it was the best price I found then.
Karlslunde folks do not reply to emails, but also do not speak English on the phone.

Edit: upon a further combination of phone calls and e-mails I finally got this email response from Uffe Eskildsen. "We only supply to Denmark, Sweden and Norway."
Last edited by shaky hands on Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
wasatch

Post by wasatch »

WHD.nl also carries the K12 and will ship to the USA...
http://www.whd.nl/webwinkel/index.php?i ... 38&lang=NL
shaky hands

Post by shaky hands »

Can anyone recommend a store to buy Pardini K12 from near Frankfurt-Mainz area (or within a reasonable distance from it)? Thanks.
j-team

Post by j-team »

shaky hands wrote:Can anyone recommend a store to buy Pardini K12 from near Frankfurt-Mainz area (or within a reasonable distance from it)? Thanks.
Suggest you start by asking these guys: http://www.pardini.de/
shaky hands

Post by shaky hands »

Sure, but I would rather end asking those guys, and prefer to start with an actual customer familiar with the local German shops.
Idol-111

Post by Idol-111 »

I wanted to buy a gun. Recent email from Krale:
I'm sorry but we have decided not to ship single firearms outside the EU for a while. It has taken me hours trying to arrange everything, not only your case but also others. Our forwarder has contacted all airlines in your case without luck. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
Time to find another shop :(
shaky hands

Post by shaky hands »

I was trying to buy from Krale, and on July 1 I was very excited to learn from them that "hopefully in 4/6 weeks time we'll finally have credit card payments available." Not having to go through the bank wire transfer was very appealing, and I decided to wait. On July 20 I asked about the progress and got a response that "we hope that it all will be finished and ready at the end of next week." After one more month of waiting I checked back with them, on Aug 20, and was told that "they are working on it know, we hope that it's finished for the weekend." Two more months passed and I have never heard from them again.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Shaky Hands, I was staggering around in the "old city" part of Mainz last week and came upon a gun dealer. He had a new looking FWB 65 for E349. He did not speak English.

Best I can do for you.
Bigship

Post by Bigship »

Just a quick update on Krale-Schietsport. Gerrit is a great guy to deal with, and they have credit card purchases from the U.S. perfected. It's a simple 1.5% of total purchase; includes shipping of course. If you order just an air pistol, US Customs are not to charge any duty according to the Harmonized Tariff Schedule as mentioned before. Having said that, my MatchGun MGH1 was briefly held up in Customs Philadelphia, and now Louisville with this message "The package is awaiting clearing agency review./Your package was released by the clearing agency." The clearing agency received it and released it in a one minute period, which suggests it was scanned and released automatically. A few hours later it received the status "Import scan." I would have like to have seen 'Departure Scan," but it's now into Labor Day weekend. I'll wait for additional updates today and will see if Louisville UPS is "working behind the scenes" on a holiday. No estimated time of arrival to Houston at this point, and I don't know if I will be charged an additional fee at my front door. I doubt it.

As to why I took a chance to personally import the Matchguns MGH1: I could not find an entry level, match competitive air pistol in my price range here in the US, that had the quality and refinement of the MGH1. Using an FWB P44 as an example, I could have purchased at Champions in TN for $1540+18.00 shipping for total $1558. I could have imported an FWB P44 from Krale for $1,393, thus saving $165. Not bad, but is it worth the "worry" of the trip thru US Customs?

I imported my MGH1 for $1,111 all in. For me this was worth the "great overseas import unknown" because my other alternative was the FWB at $1558. The represents a personal savings of $447 USD. If I could have purchased the MGH1 from a US dealer (or if Crossman would ever step up and make a truly competitive 10 meter match pistol - a different thread altogether) I probably would have done it.

In the meantime, I highly recommend Krale-Schietsport. It appears that they did have the necessary paperwork (reference to Harmonized Tariff Schedule, Section 9304) included to automate import. If anything differs I'll follow up next week when the MGH1 reaches my front door.
PFribley

Post by PFribley »

The non EU countries have some agreement about shipping firearms around the world. Even though the air pistols are not considered firearms. They still won't ship. Krale is in Netharlands. Non NATO. They like you business and will ship to the USA. So find a non NATO country to get your new air pistol. Most of them will take paypal. I also have purchased FWB air pistol parts over there.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

PFribley wrote:Krale is in Netharlands. Non NATO.
Where on earth did you get the incorrect idea that Netherlands is not in NATO?