Any experience with importing from Krale (Netherlands)

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
JoeJackson

Re: Any experience with importing from Krale (Netherlands)

Post by JoeJackson »

Ordered a Steyr EVO10 on a Friday and received it the following Thursday. Delivered to California by UPS for 34 euros. Krale handled the entire transaction.

Contacts: http://www.krale-schietsport.nl
Christiaan - Christiaan@krale-schietsport.nl
Bigship

Post by Bigship »

Encouraging news Joe. And speaking of encouraging, I received my notice on UPS indicating departure scan from Louisville. Almost finished with my indoor range too!
Bigship

Post by Bigship »

This will be my last follow-up re: Krale-Schietsport. I received the MGH1 here in Houston today, exactly 7 days after ordering. That included the Labor Day weekend. It was inspected both in Philadelphia, and Louisville (both large UPS hubs). It spent a bit less than a day at both locations, and I was not asked to pay any additional charges (there are no U.S. tariffs on air pistols as we have discussed above). I was not automatically notified that the package had been delivered. It just showed on the front porch. I went to UPS online, and their website confirmed front door delivery.

The box was covered in tape. It had been opened for inspection, but it appears only once. Everything was repacked well, and there was absolutely no damage to the contents or the nice, black Matchguns case. On thing I am surprised to say...This thing is huge! Feels light, and the grip (a work of art) already fits perfectly except for one small spot that puts a bit of pressure on the knuckle of my middle finger. I'll sand that in good time if need be.

Great experience. Thanks Krale!
Chia

Post by Chia »

Bigship wrote:This will be my last follow-up re: Krale-Schietsport. I received the MGH1 here in Houston today, exactly 7 days after ordering. That included the Labor Day weekend. It was inspected both in Philadelphia, and Louisville (both large UPS hubs). It spent a bit less than a day at both locations, and I was not asked to pay any additional charges (there are no U.S. tariffs on air pistols as we have discussed above). I was not automatically notified that the package had been delivered. It just showed on the front porch. I went to UPS online, and their website confirmed front door delivery.

The box was covered in tape. It had been opened for inspection, but it appears only once. Everything was repacked well, and there was absolutely no damage to the contents or the nice, black Matchguns case. On thing I am surprised to say...This thing is huge! Feels light, and the grip (a work of art) already fits perfectly except for one small spot that puts a bit of pressure on the knuckle of my middle finger. I'll sand that in good time if need be.

Great experience. Thanks Krale!
Wanted to add in my two cents. I had a similar experience with a different pistol. Very, very quick email response time (although they ARE in the Netherlands, so do your communication bright and early in the morning) and excellent service. I was blown away.

Oh, did I mention that the pistol arrived in three days? Because it did. I still have absolutely no idea how they did it.
CamelNL

Post by CamelNL »

Its a nice store. I get there often to buy my shooting stuff. To make you guys jealous; its only 30min drive from where i life :P
Bigship

Post by Bigship »

CamelNL wrote:Its a nice store. I get there often to buy my shooting stuff. To make you guys jealous; its only 30min drive from where i life :P
LoL I am jealous. Just checked out their site this morning and they have really run through some 10 m air pistol inventory in the last two weeks. Lots of out of stock notices. I'm still hoping to visit on my next business trip.
Chia

Post by Chia »

It's probably something to do with the end of the Rio games. Supply and demand and all that...
logipunk

Post by logipunk »

Are they allowed to sell fire arms to the US, i am looking to buy a Match Guns MG2 from them.
TomAmlie

Post by TomAmlie »

logipunk wrote:Are they allowed to sell fire arms to the US, i am looking to buy a Match Guns MG2 from them.
I contacted them about the same issue about 4 months ago and they said the paperwork and shipping to export firearms was just too onerous.
Houngan

Post by Houngan »

TomAmlie wrote:
logipunk wrote:Are they allowed to sell fire arms to the US, i am looking to buy a Match Guns MG2 from them.
I contacted them about the same issue about 4 months ago and they said the paperwork and shipping to export firearms was just too onerous.
Likewise, I've tried a few different importers and none could get it done with Krale. I'd dearly love an MG2, but there's just no way to get one.
SlartyBartFast

Post by SlartyBartFast »

Maybe you need to find a Canadian intermediary? Does Krale export to Canada? I've read of others who've found it possible to get firearms and parts from Europe to Canada and then to the USA.
- Smith & Wesson SW22 Victory
- FAS SP607
Christopher Miceli

Post by Christopher Miceli »

Houngan wrote:
TomAmlie wrote:
Likewise, I've tried a few different importers and none could get it done with Krale. I'd dearly love an MG2, but there's just no way to get one.

Hmmm...I know of 2 importers and of 3 new Guns brought in to the USA in 2017
logipunk

Post by logipunk »

got an email from them and its a no go :(, they said they used to handle sending firearms to US but the cost of shipping and paper work was additional 900 - 1000 euros. Which would bring the price to what it looks like they charge in here.
Can you buy a firearm in europe if you are there and bring it back ? I 've seen an application for a firearms importation from atf (https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/form/ ... nition-and ) but not sure if this would be enough for the store to sell it to you and then take the gun back. I do go to Poland from time to time so maybe that could be a way of doing it...... any thoughts?
Houngan

Post by Houngan »

Christopher Miceli wrote:
Houngan wrote:
TomAmlie wrote:

By all means, please share the store and importer, I'd very much like to engage them.
TomAmlie

Post by TomAmlie »

Christopher Miceli wrote:
Houngan wrote:
TomAmlie wrote:

The problem isn't on the US/importer side, it's on the Netherlands/export side. I imagine different countries - even if they're all in the EU - have different rules on firearms export requirements. Germany used to have a very easy process for dealers there to export guns, and shipping was easy through DHL. The license/permit requirements in the Netherlands are just much more onerous. Throw in the new shipping headaches through the EU postal union and it becomes almost impossible.
rmca

Post by rmca »

TomAmlie wrote: I imagine different countries - even if they're all in the EU - have different rules on firearms export requirements.

Wrong. In the EU you have a common export/import form that is issued by local police, and with those papers (the export paper + the import paper) you can send a gun anywhere in the EU.
TomAmlie wrote:Throw in the new shipping headaches through the EU postal union and it becomes almost impossible.
The is no such thing... From Germany to Portugal it's usually around 125€ for the export paper and transport fees.

Getting someone in the US to export to the EU, now that's impossible!

Hope this helps
Houngan

Post by Houngan »

I just want some of those cheap, cheap guns (and some of those $1,600 Matchguns, too!)
Hubert

Post by Hubert »

No problem with importing from Krale within EU. They are very easy to deal with. I have spotted beautiful Manurhin MR38 on web. They did not charge me any carrier nor paper handling fees to get rid of it :)
TomAmlie

Post by TomAmlie »

rmca wrote:
TomAmlie wrote: I imagine different countries - even if they're all in the EU - have different rules on firearms export requirements.

Wrong. In the EU you have a common export/import form that is issued by local police, and with those papers (the export paper + the import paper) you can send a gun anywhere in the EU.
That's just it - "within the EU"
rmca wrote:
TomAmlie wrote:Throw in the new shipping headaches through the EU postal union and it becomes almost impossible.
The is no such thing... From Germany to Portugal it's usually around 125€ for the export paper and transport fees.
Again, that's within the EU. It used to be that the postal services of the EU countries were willing and able to send firearms via mail to the US, and the US postal service was the customs portal. Now the postal services are no longer willing to ship firearms (at least to the US) so exporters from the EU have to find a different carrier and customs portal.
spektr

Post by spektr »

As a reseller of stuff on amazon..... There is an 800 US$ allowance per day for duty free importation. Anything under your daily limit will have no duty due regardless of import class.... A large number of import classes have no duty assigned. Im not sure which class airguns fall into, but that is somethi g to consider........