Anybody have a new FAS 6004?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
clarky

Re: Anybody have a new FAS 6004?

Post by clarky »

I must say its great that Deadeyedick response added some well needed humour here ...
but friends im right.
One good quality control inspector is often all thats needed to kick some butt and monitor the build progress so that buyers do not need to be lucky.
Its what a buildings forman does on any building site....or a clark of works at the site office.
They maintain the quality, rejecting and passing stuff off as the build progress takes place.
Without which reputation dies and potentially huge sums can be lost or made on such attention to small details.
I did not get a lucky one lol....but atleast i have the ability to turn mine into a lucky one.
I have a belter now but many of you will not have the ability to do that sadly.
I therefore wish you all good luck with your purchase and im here if you need any technical information..

Chiappa if you could just get this right you might have a world beater.
The only realistic challenge in this price range is the 46m but i have seen better looking shovels.

Oh about the case.....it does not need to be so large as to take a change of clothes inside it when i visit the range.....a nice little box would have been sufficient. One of my compadres thought i had a Bull pup air rifle in it!
slofyr

Post by slofyr »

The RipoffReport referred to in this thread lists 7 complaints about Chiappa between 2012 and 2016. From personal experiences with Chiappa, I agree that their management needs purging. I’ve dealt with similar incompetence at other companies, too. It would be interesting to poll the crowds at Yellow airgun and AirgunBBS to get a better picture of the number of 6004’s purchased with problems. There are a lot of good ones being enjoyed that aren’t written about. Unfortunately, it’s the squeaky-hinge rants that get the bandwidth oil. I’m not trying to whitewash the problems some 6004’s have, but it seems a wider perspective is necessary because the FAS really is a nice shooting airpistol. The best approach to ownership is to buy from a dealer who is on your side. Airguns of Arizona seems to be worthy. I know of one incident where they agreed with the purchaser about a problematic 6004 bought elsewhere [they are a service center] and initiated a refund from Chiappa.

Nov 19 2012 Firearm problem
Mar 20 2014 Firearm problem, Little Badger
Apr 01 2014 Firearm problem, CIR-22-M1
Jul 16 2014 Support, warranty
Oct 21 2014 Support, custom mod, M4-22LR
Oct 31 2016 Firearm problem
Nov 03 2016 Firearm problem

__ I have no affiliation with AoA. __
m1963

Post by m1963 »

If production controls were put in place to correct the known problems we have several shooters who would purchase one, today.
Last edited by m1963 on Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SPPcoach

Post by SPPcoach »

clarky wrote:Oh about the case.....it does not need to be so large as to take a change of clothes inside it
Hey I like the size of the box. After a little foam crafting project it is just right for everything that is needed for a trip to the range: owners manual, bore brush, pellet seating tool, safety glasses, pellets, cleaning kit, scoring plug and an OBI.
What I didn't like about the box was that the egg crate foam was not stiff enough to protect the contents. When picking up the box and I could hear the pistol slide inside the closed case and bang the sights into the interior plastic. Not cool.
Attachments
FAS 6004 cased, resized.jpg
Leon

Post by Leon »

At the risk of being smugly annoying,. not only is my FAS 6004 impeccably built and functional, it also does not move around the box like that.

It was send by post from Arizona to Sydney Australia and arrived here in pristine condition...
clarky

Post by clarky »

Im glad you boys are happy with your cases and im glad you found you could get all those things in as well.
....and probably still find room for a shooting jacket in there lol
I bet that would stop it from wriggling about.

On serious note, it is a beautiful gun with a lovely action. I have routinely produced small one hole clover leaf groups from a slightly rested position of our counter 10m range and barely more than double that off hand.
A complete tune/service before use seems to be the way to go with this tool but that's not unlike many top springer air rifles that get put through some sort of tuning house by the new owner.
....but boys my real drive here is get Chiappa to get their act together, rather than criticize the pistol per say.
It maybe the worlds most elegant pistol!
Rover

Post by Rover »

clarky wrote:It maybe the worlds most elegant pistol!
Nah, that's my Walther LPM1.
clarky

Post by clarky »

I've heard it said many times that the LPM1 is a bit like Marmite.....and im in the yuk camp.
However, a friend of mine did remove his bulky wooden cocking section, going to just the plain alloy, and it did look much better.
....but generally too big for my taste.

There's a lot of our club members who might argue the case for a Steyr Compact versus the FAS for look but even here no strong arguments.