New Electronic trigger for SP1

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jok

New Electronic trigger for SP1

Post by jok »

In August I received information from the Swedish official dealer about a new electronic trigger for SP1.

Last week I received a news mail from Pardini with the information and pictures below.

Have anyone here tried the new trigger? It would be nice to see if they have solved the doubling problem.

“We are glad to inform you that we have developed a new electronic trigger for our SP1 pistol. The electronic board is a completely new project. We have upgraded the majority of the other components as well. A big improvement is the type of the micro-switch. This new system allows for an easy trigger adjustment and ensures reliability and long life.
The adjustment of the trigger is different and particularly aimed for “Rapid fire“discipline. The release is short and clear.
The new system can be installed on all SP1 pistols manufactured by Pardini until now. The updating kit includes electronic unit, disconnector and hammer. The promotional special offer until the end of 2010 is Euro 160.00, plus shipping, taxes and assembling costs.

Please get in touch with our official dealer in your country for further information and installation. Please note that only authorized by our company individuals can make the installation changes.

Image[/img]
jer

new unit

Post by jer »

I have to lift this topic up, does anyone have new unit installed?
Leon

Post by Leon »

Picked up a new SP1 yesterday with the new electronic trigger module installed.

What do you want to know about it?
IPshooter

Post by IPshooter »

Leon wrote:Picked up a new SP1 yesterday with the new electronic trigger module installed.

What do you want to know about it?
Can you compare and contrast it to the earlier module?

Stan
Leon

Post by Leon »

Sorry, can't. Do not have access to the old module or a gun fitted with one.

Trigger is absolutely amazing though - have become an instant convert to Pardini electronic triggers....
j-team

Post by j-team »

Leon wrote:Sorry, can't. Do not have access to the old module or a gun fitted with one.

Trigger is absolutely amazing though - have become an instant convert to Pardini electronic triggers....
You've only had it two days. When you've fired a few thousand rounds without problems, then celebrate.
Asian Shooter

Post by Asian Shooter »

As I am the one who had just experiences with both electronic triggers. I felt that I prefered the earlier trigger to the new one. Because the new trigger has too much trigger weight on its own.(may cause by the spring itself compare to the earlier one that use micro switch) You can pass 1000g weight test without adjust any first or second stage weight adjustment. Also I had some experience with double firing during dry firing stage. But fortunately not happen during live firing.
jer

Trigger

Post by jer »

Leon do you confirm Asian Shooters experiences about trigger weight and double fire? With old trigger I also had issues about doubles but it was course of trigger settings. I "copied" settings from another SP1 RF and got rid of doubles. Now I know SP 1 RF is not for slow fire but for rapid fire. It is too expensive to have two that expensive pistols.

I ordered new trigger module, let see what happends.
Leon

Post by Leon »

" Leon do you confirm Asian Shooters experiences about trigger weight and double fire?"

No I can't. My experience has been dissimilar. The very day I received the gun, I spent about an hour dry-firing and, in all fast and slow sequences, it performed flawlessly - no doubles. The weight is also spot on.

The next day I shot a Standard Pistol match with it and the trigger again proved flawless, as was the reliability ( CCI Standard Velocity and Winchester Supreme Pistol )
j-team

Post by j-team »

Leon wrote:The very day I received the gun, I spent about an hour dry-firing and, in all fast and slow sequences, it performed flawlessly - no doubles.
Doubles are usually only associated with live firing as it's the recoil that causes the bounce which causes the second shot.

When you dry fire it's only the solenoid that clicks, the hammer doesn't drop unless you rack the slide each time.
Asian Shooter

Post by Asian Shooter »

j-team wrote:
Leon wrote:Sorry, can't. Do not have access to the old module or a gun fitted with one.

You've only had it two days. When you've fired a few thousand rounds without problems, then celebrate.
Agree with J-team. My pardini started having problems after more than 5000 rounds firing.
Leon

Post by Leon »

You guys probably mis-adjusted the trigger settings !
j-team

Post by j-team »

Leon wrote:You guys probably mis-adjusted the trigger settings !
Hardly, it's a widely know problem that the Pardini electronic trigger was released too early. MkII module came out after only a couple of months, it didn't work much better than MkI.

Mine had 4 different modules before I gave up and went back to mechanical.

Do a search of this forum, it's been cover in depth elsewhere.

A shame as I'm a real fan of Pardinis, I've had a GP, SP, SP1, SP-RF, K2 and a K10. I still have the SP-RF and K10 and couldn't be happier with them.
Leon

Post by Leon »

There are also plenty of reports on trouble-free trigger modules....

Still think you guys "adjusted" your triggers until you broke them - and are now blaming the factory. :)

Meanwhile, I'm continuing my celebrations and am trying to decide whether to order a HPE or FPE next.
Asian Shooter

Post by Asian Shooter »

Leon wrote:There are also plenty of reports on trouble-free trigger modules....

Still think you guys "adjusted" your triggers until you broke them - and are now blaming the factory. :)

Meanwhile, I'm continuing my celebrations and am trying to decide whether to order a HPE or FPE next.
My Pardini got problem about double firing and later on I found out that there was nothing to do with the Electronic unit. The electronic unit itself is just fine but what causes the problem are the mechanical parts inside the gun that related to the trigger system. The problem will start just after the gun has been used for awhile. Once the parts inside the gun starts loosing, then the problem will start.

Same as J-team, I still do like my Pardini a lot. And it is still one of my favourite gun.
jer

new module

Post by jer »

I got my Pardini SP1 RF back with new electronics module. Tested it today on range and it worked fine. No doubles or any other hassle.
Module was changed at importers service, one thing that wonders me is that trigger settings were totally reset. Trigger was at factory settings before, it was almost single stage - also another SP1 RF I got my hands on was with those settings when new. Now trigger is at double stage settings, just wonder why trigger was set up again. Is it because of new module or was mechanics just disassembled. I dont know is there any new information about trigger settings, with previous module there could be problems is trigger stop was too tight(=doubles) or too back (=hurts micro switch).
lagzzg

Re: New Electronic trigger for SP1

Post by lagzzg »