H&N Pellets

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jak10x1

H&N Pellets

Post by jak10x1 »

We have any one that like H&N pellets for AP? If we do I have a very interesting email to post. At least to me it is.

Any intereset

John
william

Post by william »

What is so secret that you can't post it for all to see? If you become a member you can send private messages.

Post by Guest »

I just didn't to waste bandwidth if there was no interest. Here You go. THERE IS NO SECRET WILLIAM

John

Hello John
The difference between pistol-pellets and rifle-pellets is not just the weight. We test all batches in our factory through different rifles and pistols.
If we then find out that a batch in average shoots better in rifles (it is mostly the heavier weight) we then label it as a rifle-pellet. Otherwise as a pistol-pellet.

It is right, that sometimes the weight of both types differ only a little bit or even not. The reason is also the better technology in airpistols with their higher speed in last times.

Be shure that a golden label is (in average) better for rifles and a blue label (in average) is better for pistols.

Hope this informations could help you.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/With best regards

Peter Schmidt
Vertriebsleiter Inland

Haendler & Natermann Sport GmbH
Kasseler Straße 2
D-34346 Hann.Münden
T +49 5541 704 428
F +49 5541 704 226
schmidtp@natermann.de
<www.hn-sport.de>

Amtsgericht Göttingen, HRB 112291
Geschäftsführung: Ralph Scheunemann

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: JAK10X1@aol.com [mailto:JAK10X1@aol.com]
Gesendet: Samstag, 26. Januar 2008 18:50
An: H & N Sport
Betreff: H&N Pistol Pellets

Hi, last year after much research I purchased 3 sleeves of pistol pellets. Half were Gold .53/818 and the other Blue.49/7.56..

Well, recently having a problem with my Air Pistol, so in the process of trying to resolve my problem I decided to check pellet velocity. That lead to weighting pellets.

Low and behold the weights were surprising, the gold weighted an average of 8.0 grams, an average of 30 pellets on 2 different scales and 2 different people. I then checked the Blue and to my amazement they weighted just about the same and a few hundredths more than the .53 gold, which they should be weighing less.

Can you tell what happen and is this normal to find the Blue weighing more than the Gold. It does not seem right to me.

Thanks for any help and information that you can provide.

John Kumiega
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

Very interesting! I shoot H&N Finale Match Special Selected Airpistol Pellets in one of my AP. Have always wondered why H&N did not show the weight on the tin, though they are typically sold as 'light' or as 7.56grain. I just weighed ten and they came to 7.45 grain (0.48 gram). They seem to be good pellets.
Lane

H&N Pellets

Post by Lane »

That was interesting. I have been shooting air pistols and rifles for quite a few years and never knew that little bit of info. Thanks for sharing that with us.
PFribley

Re: H&N Pellets

Post by PFribley »

I was once told. Shoot the lightest pellets you can find in your pistol.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I guess you guys didn't read my post on the subject last night.
Elmas

Post by Elmas »

While on the subject of pellet comparisons

The technophiles amongst us have a field day with measurements and chronometry .

I have always wondered if pellet skirt diameter relative to the barrel is important . The rifling effects stability of the projectile and its trajectory . it follows that a good fit will ensure stable flight .

Is this a factor , or is pellet weight the overriding consideration ?
Rover

Post by Rover »

Elmas wrote:While on the subject of pellet comparisons

The technophiles amongst us have a field day with measurements and chronometry .

I have always wondered if pellet skirt diameter relative to the barrel is important . The rifling effects stability of the projectile and its trajectory . it follows that a good fit will ensure stable flight .

Is this a factor , or is pellet weight the overriding consideration ?
Apparently, there are NO factors that influence pellet accuracy at our level. There is only ONE overriding criteria for selecting the most accurate pellet (this from a pellet manufacturer): the LOT number as determined by actual test in your gun. Forget brand, weight, diameter or anything else you've heard or read. As you can see from "Guests" post, even the manufacturer doesn't care in the least about pellet weight, only test lot.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen