Morini air pistol problem

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
hectop

Morini air pistol problem

Post by hectop »

I have a Morini air pistol 162 EI, I have this pistol for 9 years or more. I don´t now how many shots. The last week I am having problems to load the gun. The lever to cock the pistol gets to hard. Even with a lot of force you cannot cock it. I put some grease in there, I was able to shot about 60 shots and then again it happen the same. After an hour I was able to cocked.

Someone nows what the problem could be. It is not that the cylinder has no air, that I now when it is to low you will no be able to cock it, because it has a safety.

Thanks,
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

could be a broken valve spring, could be something in cocking lever travel. Hard to say without seeing it.
hectorp

morini air pistol repair

Post by hectorp »

Pilkguns Moderator. I just send this pistol to Pilkguns, but it didn´t have this problem it was for another cause. But I live in Mexico and it was quite a problem to send it all the way to Tennesse, and then back. If it is a small problem I will like to fixed myself. Not because of the money, but the problem for customs and all that stuff.

Thanks

My name is Hector Elizondo and I send that pistol last August.
David M

Look for a Worn Guide Slot

Post by David M »

A common problem with a Morini of that age (9-12 yrs) is wear in the frame in the slot that guides the pin on the loading bolt.
The alloy frame slot wears the upper outer edge from the loading action. This eventually allows the pin to rotate to a slight angle clockwise as you lift the loading lever to open and the pin jams in the slot (about 1/3 to 1/2 open).

Remove the grip, then the loading lever.
Use a pin punch and knock out the guide pin.
Remove the back strap and take out the loading bolt.
Clean and Inspect the guide slot for wear (usually the upper outer edge).

If worn a repair will be required. The factory mill a slot and inset a steel rub strip on the upper edge. I have repaired by milling the slot oversize and fitting a brass tube roller over the pin. Both repairs work well.

The later models have a harder alloy frame and so far have not shown any signs of wear.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

In my case, it was even easier than that - the brass (?) washer under the loading lever had been chewed up. Smoothed it out, and voila!
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

The washer will be "dimpled."

Make sure when you assemble after cleaning/lubing the dimple is an "outie" (a raised bump against the frame) and not an "innie"

Yep, learned the hard way . . .

The dimple provides the proper amount of "spring tension" and if you put it in backwards you will be overtourquing the loading lever bolt and will quite quickly damage the frame.

Steve Swartz
Cricman

Post by Cricman »

nt
hectorp

Thanks

Post by hectorp »

Thanks David for helping with the problem with my morini.

I did what you recommend, but I wasn´t able to take the guide pin. But for I can see the slot in the the loading lever, but what I can see and with the information Tyco post is one of the brass washer its chew up, I fix it and I think that was the problem.

Steve what you recommend to check that the washer be an outie and not and innie. I have another morini pistol just the same, I check it and just to be sure what you mean, (English Second Language) The bump, if the washer I put it in a table( it will be like a small hill). The right way will be the bump or hill points to the screw. Is that correct?

David, Tyco and Steve. Muchas gracias.
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Yes, the "bump" points out- toward the head of the screw, away from the flat of the frame. Like a "hill" yes, pointing up.

When you tighten the screw, you will be compressing the bump . . . this gives proper tension.

Steve Swartz