Pardini K58

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
nematode

Pardini K58

Post by nematode »

I just recieved my brand new K58 and I notice the owner's manual devotes two sentences to describing the operation of this particular model ( it describes other models in great detail ). I'm sure I can figure things out, I just don't want to mess anything up. Any K58 owner's out there who can offer me tips/advice on it's operation/prep to fire? How does one dry fire it? The owner's manual shows that there is a dry fire switch on other models ( K2 ), but my K58 doesn't actually have the switch.

Thanks for your help,
bob
rogerv

k58

Post by rogerv »

You're right, you can't screw up. If you do, Larry's Guns is the new distributor and repair shop. Apparently, older models such as mine did not have the dry fire switch. Don Nygord used to install them. I couldn't get a quote from Larry's on the job. Whaatever you do, do not get any oil or solvent in the loading port. There will be severe damage on cocking (don't ask how I know) as it diesels.
The Bear

K58

Post by The Bear »

To dry fire the K58 all you do is open and close the flap where you put the pellet. (When you cock it, this process is done for you). I know that the manual is confusing! Only other advise is to High light the K58 info only and when you make any adjustments, read it over carefully and go from there until you are familliar with it. I like my K58 and enjoy it tremendously.
Good luck
rogerv

k58

Post by rogerv »

I hope Bear's advice works for you. As I said, the older model K58s don't have this feature. The firing behavior of these guns is sweeet, nicer than most CO2 or compressed air guns. No movement at all on discharge. Most shooters have not tried a pneumatic pistol and don't realize how nice they are. I find using lighter pellets (Geco, Club, Hobby) work very well. Mine shoots the Hobby as accurately as it does the Nygord pellets, but at a much higher velocity.
nematode

Re: k58

Post by nematode »

rogerv wrote:I hope Bear's advice works for you. As I said, the older model K58s don't have this feature. The firing behavior of these guns is sweeet, nicer than most CO2 or compressed air guns. No movement at all on discharge. Most shooters have not tried a pneumatic pistol and don't realize how nice they are. I find using lighter pellets (Geco, Club, Hobby) work very well. Mine shoots the Hobby as accurately as it does the Nygord pellets, but at a much higher velocity.
So, apparently, I have an "older" model, even though, I just bought it brand new from the Pardini dealer? How annoying. I thought I saw on the Nygord web site that that "The new Pardini's have arrived. Now with dry fire capability". Or, is it, that the latest K58's have the dry fire capability, but, not the switch like the other Pardini models? I guess I'm being nit picky. As long as it works, just the same.

bob
The Bear

k 58

Post by The Bear »

Nematode
On the new K-58s there are no switches. It is a mechanical function that sets the trigger back for dry firing by either cocking the lever or opening and closing the gate. The Other series Pardinis are cylinder (CO2 or Air) and probably need the switch/lever to switch off the cylinder supply. (this is apparent on several of my air powered guns)
When in doubt, email pardini and give them the serial # and ask them if you need a dry firing device.
Good Luck
Lonnie

Post by Lonnie »

I can testify that they will respond to your questions within 24 hours, excluding the weekend of course.

Lonnie
Lonnie Meyers
Round Rock, Texas
Scott H.

dry firing k58

Post by Scott H. »

Bear's advice is excellent. The dry fire lever shown in the manual is for the K2s. I got my boy a K58 from Nygord's in Feb., 2003, and it had the "new" dry fire feature. I'd bet nematode's gun has it, too.