Trouble when attempting to charge Air Tanks for PCP.

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
pistoljoe

Re: Trouble when attempting to charge Air Tanks for PCP.

Post by pistoljoe »

Stan,
Thanks a million for the info and the link!

Cheers,
Joe
spektr

Post by spektr »

The original grip if you bought the correct one to begin with will last a lifetime. I wasnthinking of different width front sight blades and the availabe balance weights
northpaw

Re: Need help deciding on air tank for PCP.

Post by northpaw »

Amati wrote:Just came across this FWB-P8X https://www.feinwerkbau.de/en/Sporting- ... Model-P-8X.
If you are going to spend some Money on a top shelf air pistol you have better consider a Steyr.

I have owned and used extensively several FWBs, among them the P34 and the P44. The absorber of the P34 and P44 got errataic after prolonged use. The absorber of the P 34 worked ok somewhat longer than that of the P44.

The FWB service shop at the Wold Championships, some years back, was not able to fix the absorber of my P44 properly. They simply stated after having worked on it for a while: "Es ist ganz einfach nicht in ordnung" (!).

FWB have to reconstruct their absorbers, IMO.
TenMetrePeter

Post by TenMetrePeter »

northpaw wrote:
Amati wrote:Just came across this FWB-P8X https://www.feinwerkbau.de/en/Sporting- ... Model-P-8X.
If you are going to spend some Money on a top shelf air pistol you have better consider a Steyr.

I have owned and used extensively several FWBs, among them the P34 and the P44. The absorber of the P34 and P44 got errataic after prolonged use. The absorber of the P 34 worked ok somewhat longer than that of the P44.

The FWB service shop at the Wold Championships, some years back, was not able to fix the absorber of my P44 properly. They simply stated after having worked on it for a while: "Es ist ganz einfach nicht in ordnung" (!).

FWB have to reconstruct their absorbers, IMO.
Yes anything relying on dry friction in an airgun is taking a risk. And if you loosen it right off it rotates and jams the cocking action.
Way to fix s P34 absorber is to take out the compensator slug, take out the nylon friction plug and spring, clean off all the grease and oil from the plug, the slug and its bore in the gun, and reassrmble totally dry. Then at least it works - still needs a monthly adjustment however! Never spray lube on a FWB.
Amati

Post by Amati »

northpaw wrote: FWB have to reconstruct their absorbers, IMO.

They did, the P8X has an all new Absorber "mit neuem Wirkprinzip".
atomicgale
Location: Copperhill Tennessee USA (a registered CERCLA superfund site)

Post by atomicgale »

How did this thread go from Air Cylinders to "mit neuem Wirkprinzip"?

We started with Air Cylinders = reifenfülldruck zu niedrig

Now we're at pistol grips?

So has anyone actually solved the air tank prob?

(And does ANYONE know how to fix our Fire Department Compressor here in East Polk County Tennessee?)
Rover

Post by Rover »

Let me see if I've got the picture here....

Original poster had a working gun suitable for his needs.

He has bought a gun he is unable to operate.

He cancelled his order and bought a different, more expensive gun that he is still unable to operate.

He rejects a cheaper solution. (Cheaper in cost, support, and maintenance), because it's "not his way."

He has no experience in the matter, but is wetting himself with desire based on pamphlets.

Where do we go from here?
atomicgale

Post by atomicgale »

We go to the Tennis Court . . . the one that got banned!
Rover

Post by Rover »

You mean the one that almost 700 people tried to look at, but one or two weenies whined so it was taken down.

They need to remember that because THEY find it offensive does not mean that it IS.
wasatch

Post by wasatch »

I've been using an SCBA tank from Joe B @ airtanksforsale.com. Got the valve setup (search OPTION 2A on his page) that shows tank pressure (small gauge) and line pressure (big gauge), a DIN200/DIN300 adapter to fill the pistol cylinder, a wrench tight fire house to DIN 300 adapter, microbore hose w/ foster fittings on both ends.

A nearby firehouse with a very impressive compressor system (natural gas powered, cascaded 6000psi tanks that can fill 4 SCBA bottles simultaneously) has been filling my SCBA bottle for free. They did look to see that the hydro test was current (req'd every 5 yrs). A large SCBA bottle at 4500psi will provide months of pistol cylinder fills (there are some fill calculators around). No regulator needed for filling cause the flow is slow.

The P8X is really nice. 4x15g weights are supplied with it. The way FWB designed the grip adjustment is very convenient: just loosen the retaining bolt and adjust the angle via 6 allen screws... grip removal is unnecessary. All adjustments including trigger are labeled. Three tools for all common adjustments. Haven't had any issues w/ the absorber. The trigger feels really good too. The FWB case is larger and more robust than the Nalini case that is common with other pistols.
atomicgale

Post by atomicgale »

@Wasatch: """[quote="wasatch"]A nearby firehouse with a very impressive compressor system (natural gas powered, cascaded 6000psi tanks that can fill 4 SCBA bottles simultaneously) """

Where do I get one of those?

Back home here in rural Appalachian Tennessee, my Fire Department's compressor still lies broken and marked "out of service" due to our limited budget. But when the page goes off, the boys and me run into the dark of night to put out Bubba's burning moonshine still. And when Bryan (real guy) blows up his Meth Lab again, like he usually does, our intrepid volunteer firefighters are there to extinguish the flames - which curiously appear to be distinctly BLUE and GREEN!

So, without compressed air, the Chief dutifully instructs us on our SOP: Run in there & save those angry Pit Bulls, and remember to "HOLD -YER- BREATH!"

$$$$$$$$$$

Donations accepted! PM me. (Sorry, our tax-exempt status was revoked by the IRS because we couldn't afford postage to mail the tax return.)