Heads Up On RWS Basic Pellets (USA)

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
SamEEE

Re: Heads Up On RWS Basic Pellets (USA)

Post by SamEEE »

Image Image
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

86.90 Euros shipping for 10 kg to the US tends to wreck the lovely prices per tin... A tin of 500 4.5 gram pellets would weigh a quarter of a kilogram with the tin & packaging, so you can ship 40 tins for that amount. That adds over 2 Euros a tin. That's still not horrible, but it's not a super bargain.
Rover

Post by Rover »

How much for 100 tins? 200 tins? By boat?
Gwelo

Post by Gwelo »

Airgun Depot shows stock of the 500/tin Basics. I put 60 in my cart, with the buy 3 get the 4th free it came back at $314.55 with free shipping. $5.25/tin, not too bad.

AofA also shows stock but can't touch AD's price as they want $30 +/- for shipping.

Neal at ISS is OUT and is looking for a new supplier for ALL his RWS pellets.
GaryN

Post by GaryN »

Glad you found a source, and your kids can keep shooting.
Houngan

Post by Houngan »

Gwelo wrote:Airgun Depot shows stock of the 500/tin Basics. I put 60 in my cart, with the buy 3 get the 4th free it came back at $314.55 with free shipping. $5.25/tin, not too bad.

AofA also shows stock but can't touch AD's price as they want $30 +/- for shipping.

Neal at ISS is OUT and is looking for a new supplier for ALL his RWS pellets.
Thanks for this. Had to go to 35 tins to get free shipping, but well worth it.
Gwelo

Post by Gwelo »

You must have got the last of them Houngan. All they show now is the 300/tin at $5.49
Good score!
Houngan

Post by Houngan »

Gwelo wrote:You must have got the last of them Houngan. All they show now is the 300/tin at $5.49
Good score!
Well shit, you made me look back at the order, and they baited-and-switched me. The picture was for 500, the description was 500, and the URL is still 500:

https://www.airgundepot.com/rws-diabolo ... count.html

but now everything (including my order) is 300. I'm more than a little pissed. If they come in damaged, they're going right back.

H.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Are you saying they shipped 40 percent less pellets than you paid for?
nglitz

Post by nglitz »

Looks like they changed the picture but not the URL. It also looks like they're out of them and you can only "pre-prder". Sheesh! The bums!
Norm
in beautiful, gun friendly New Jersey
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

I know it will be a pain for some people, but I'm going to do my best o boycott the 300 pellet stuff. If they end up with tons of pellets no one will buy, they may change their tactics.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

Gwhite wrote:I know it will be a pain for some people, but I'm going to do my best o boycott the 300 pellet stuff. If they end up with tons of pellets no one will buy, they may change their tactics.
H&N has been offering their 300 pellet tins for quite some time now, the boycott ain’t affecting them...The RWS Basics and Hobby’s are top-selling pellets that have been selling for rock bottom prices for many years. I think this new marketing scheme is to jack up the prices and is the end for affordable German pellets in the U.S.
Rover

Post by Rover »

kevinweiho wrote:
Gwhite wrote:I know it will be a pain for some people, but I'm going to do my best o boycott the 300 pellet stuff. If they end up with tons of pellets no one will buy, they may change their tactics.
H&N has been offering their 300 pellet tins for quite some time now, the boycott ain’t affecting them...The RWS Basics and Hobby’s are top-selling pellets that have been selling for rock bottom prices for many years. I think this new marketing scheme is to jack up the prices and is the end for affordable German pellets in the U.S.
Many of you know that I have boosted Hobby and Basic pellets on here for years due to their accuracy and low price. However, I have nothing against buying other brands of pellets. I really like JSBs.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

Even a tin of 500 economy JSB Schak pellets costs about the same as two 300 ct. tins of RWS Basics or Hobby. Many folks are pissed off, but they'll still continue to patronize RWS pellets. A good idea is to “dry fire” more, and “live fire” less…
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

As I mentioned, my regular dealer isn't any happier about this than we are, and he's working on setting up direct import of the 500 pellet tins. I spoke with him a few days ago, and it's still in the planning stages. I'll let folks know when he's got the 500's back in stock. I will need a second case of 30K pellets to finish out the collegiate season.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Life sucks! But, at $37 a sleeve I'm a little happier now.

http://championshooters.com/index.php?o ... Itemid=111
william

Post by william »

Rover wrote:Life sucks! But, at $37 a sleeve I'm a little happier now.

Have yourself a nice single malt. Life will suck a whole lot less. Have yourself another single malt and you'll be a lot happier.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Nah, I'm a bourbon drinker.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Rover wrote:Life sucks! But, at $37 a sleeve I'm a little happier now.

Even if the per pellet price for 300 pellet tins is the same, I'm still concerned about shipping them around without any additional padding to make up for all the extra space in the tin. There isn't a lot of room for things to build up much momentum inside a tin packed with 500. Tins of 300 are going to be like a metallic marracca.
Rover

Post by Rover »

So pay a little extra to have them delivered cradled in the loving arms of a zaftig maiden.