feinwerkbau 2604 bore calibration

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

feinwerkbau 2604 bore calibration

Post by Guest »

Boa noite,

I was told that, I have to calibrate the bore of my Feinwerkbau 2604 Super Match .22 with a torque wrench( after several shots or depending on the amunnition that is used...).

Ok, I understand that this calibration must be done. It´s like a chek up...

...my question is: the calibration is done with a torque wrench, but what "values" must I consider when using this tool? Is there a table with reference values for the Feinwerkbau 2604 Super Match .22 bore calibration?

Obrigado
Thank you

TMFalcão
Sawyer

calibrating?

Post by Sawyer »

TM-
"Calibrate the bore" is really not the right term to use. I think perhaps you mean "tune" or "adjust", and what you are really doing with the torque wrench is just that-- adjusting the amount of torque on the action screws to make the rifle shoot better.

Feinwerkbau almost certainly publishes their recommended torque settings, and that info should have come with the rifle. However, if you have a custom barrel that differs from their factory barrel in any way, you will have to experiment to find your optimum torque settings. There are many factors that can affect how the gun shoots, not the least of which is the ammo you are shooting at any given time.

Ammo that shoots at a higher velocity might require a slight increase in torque to "tame" the vibrations that run through the barrel and action when you fire the shot. As a starting point, you could begin at 5 Newton-meters with decent match ammo and see how it shoots. Then go up and down in 1/2 Newton-meter increments and see if there are changes in the performance. Stick with one brand and lot of ammo when you conduct these tests. It's also important to do all the testing in the same weather conditions, temperature, etc. as much as possible. These things can also affect the ability of the gun and ammo combination to shoot small groups.

It's very hard to make predictions about the settings for your gun, because every gun reacts differently, every barrel is different, etc. etc.
But with careful experimentation you shold be able to get a handle on how to make your gun perfrom well.

Hope this helps,

Larry S.