FWB and Anschutz

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Hulk

FWB and Anschutz

Post by Hulk »

Can anyone give me the short course on how a FWB 2602 or 2700 is different than an Anschutz 19XX. People have warned me that everything is different and nothing fits the FWB. I understand that the re-sale value is different but what else is different? Thank you for your help.
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

While I don't have a FWB myself, a few kids that shoot with us have fwb smallbore rifles. It is true that the fwb sight dovetails are different from anschutz. The newer anschutz cantable sight will fit the fwb's though. I have seen people with them on fwb's. I have not seen that resale prices of the fwb's are that much lower. I was the one who found the ones used for the people who are using them at our club- these are the standard rifle stocked 2602's. They pretty much paid the same price used for them as we have found anschutz 1907's for.
Hulk

FWB

Post by Hulk »

The front dovetail is no problem as I will use my own bloop tube with a standard 11mm dovetail. The dovetail on the receiver should not present a problem for a custom base to hold a Warner. If that's all, then there is no problem. Thanks for the feedback.