anschutz match trigger

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

jimbomd

anschutz match trigger

Post by jimbomd »

My small bore trigger is sticking. Is is safe for me to remove the trigger to clean? Any special precautions? Any special oil to use?? Thanks for your advice...Jim
the2lts@earthlink.net

Anschutz Match Trigger

Post by the2lts@earthlink.net »

If your Anschutz trigger is one of the current die-cast versions, i.e. 5018 or 5071 for example, there is one very important thing that you need to know before working on it.

You must remove the bolt before reinstalling the trigger. If you install the trigger with the bolt in place and in battery, which is not that hard to do, you will almost certainly break the die cast main body of the trigger which destroys it.

The first thing to do is the remove the bolt and set it aside. Once everything else is done, then the bolt goes in last.

Anschutz puts a red warning sticker on most new triggers, but sometimes they get lost and folks are not aware of this hazard.

When you do take the trigger out and start cleaning it, take a really close look at it. Unless your trigger has been fooled with by someone other than the factory, you should see certain high-pressure contact areas that seem to have a black thick substance around them. This is a moly-based high pressure lubricant that the factory used, only at these appropriate points of sliding movement under significant pressure. If you do use some solvent to clean the trigger, it is important that you replace the proper lubricant in these areas.

If your trigger is not a modern one as I have described, you will need to ask again specifying that and maybe someone else that has experience with that version can help, all I know about is the ones I have described.

Kindest regards,

Ed K.