10 meter shooting boots advice

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

DonC4

10 meter shooting boots advice

Post by DonC4 »

Can you recommend a good value shooting boots and retailer?
I heard that skateboard shoes might work? What do ya think?
TIA,
Don
WRC177

Post by WRC177 »

Skaters' shoes may not meet the sole thickness requirements in an equipment check, but they are very flat, comfortable, and widely available. Did I mention much cheaper than shooting boots?! A very good starting point because of the flat sole. By the time you are ready to go to a match that has equipment check, you will have traded up to real boots that meet all the rules.
If you are doing 3P, the drawback is no ankle support in kneeling.

I've also seen wrestling boots used; they are also flat, but they seem rather thin. Never inspected them closely enough to draw an opinion, though.
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

Don: We have three pairs of shooting boots in the family and all were bought used for between $50 and $80. I would recommend watching for some used boots. The pair my daughter is shooting in were bought used from Nancy Johnson for $50. The down side here is that she won't give them up for anything- maybe even if she grows out of them. New the Gehmann ones are pretty reasonsable.
DonC

Post by DonC »

pdeal wrote:Don: We have three pairs of shooting boots in the family and all were bought used for between $50 and $80. I would recommend watching for some used boots. The pair my daughter is shooting in were bought used from Nancy Johnson for $50. The down side here is that she won't give them up for anything- maybe even if she grows out of them. New the Gehmann ones are pretty reasonsable.
Thank you for the god advice guys.
I really like buying used stuff. I'm sure the previous owner would take good care of shooting boots and they can't depreciate from new too much.
My children and I used to go to a store called, "Play It Again sports" with all the sporting goods they outgrew. Neal's place is kinda the same only for us fellas.
Thanks again,
Don