Anschutz Club Rifle....does it exist yet?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Anschutz Club Rifle....does it exist yet?

Post by Guest »

I have spent many hours researching the Internet for collegiate club team equipment, and I have found a few mentions of the Anschutz Club Rifle.

The Club Rifle interests me greatly as it is apparently a truly ambidextrous CA rifle.

I've called a few rifle distributors and retailers, and have heard more rumors about the alleged Anschutz Club rifle, but no one seems to have seen one.

So, do they actually exist yet? Are they available anywhere?

Or is this another case of Anschutz's marketing coming out way before the actual product.

Thanks,

hillbilly
Jay V

Re: Anschutz Club Rifle....does it exist yet?

Post by Jay V »

Anonymous wrote:I have spent many hours researching the Internet for collegiate club team equipment, and I have found a few mentions of the Anschutz Club Rifle.

The Club Rifle interests me greatly as it is apparently a truly ambidextrous CA rifle.

I've called a few rifle distributors and retailers, and have heard more rumors about the alleged Anschutz Club rifle, but no one seems to have seen one.

So, do they actually exist yet? Are they available anywhere?

Or is this another case of Anschutz's marketing coming out way before the actual product.

Thanks,

hillbilly
Have you spoken to Warren or Scott at Pilkington [(931) 924-3400] about them? They are in contact with Steyr/Anschutz, and should be able to give you some indication.

Jay V
IL
hillbilly

Post by hillbilly »

I spoke with some one at Pilk....did not get a name.

Very nice gentleman, knowledgable and friendly.

Had an English accent, I believe.

He said he had not actually seen an Anschutz Club Rifle in the flesh.

hillbill
RMXMAN34

Post by RMXMAN34 »

Creedmore sports has them. Go to Creedmoresports.com and then click on products, and then Anschutz.
hillbilly

Post by hillbilly »

Thanks, RMXMAN34.

Champion's Choice has them listed on the website, but does not have them in stock and may not for many weeks.

I'll check out Creedmoor.

hillbilly
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

I think that the big Anschutz sellers are champ choice, Neal J, and Champ Shooters. Also, try Neal Stepp (ISS i think is his company) and Brenzovich.
adrsny

anschutz club ar

Post by adrsny »

Yes it exist...

There is already 4 in South Africa and I own one,

Beautifull rifle, ideal for clubs. I coach at a "schools" club and bought a rifle, members of the club has now also ordered their rifles

This rifle is a MUCH better choice than ANY junior rifle (The kids outgrow the jnr rifle too quickly)

Great sport !!
topshot

Look at Walther, too

Post by topshot »

You should also check out the Walther LG300 with the ambi stock. We've got 2 of the older LG210 (pneumatic) and 4 LG300 with that stock. The Walther had been significantly cheaper as well but with the terrible exchange rate nowadays, it doesn't matter much probably. Champion's Choice is the importer.

I think FWB only makes the junior model with the ambi stock.
Bob Foth

walther

Post by Bob Foth »

Let me know if you are interested in the Walther LG300Junior rifle. They are actually quite easy to fit to larger folks. Spacers in the buttplate, weights and/or extension tube on the front and you are good. It is the top-of-the-line barrel and action which is a steal at the price.

bobfoth@juno.com

Re: walther

Post by Guest »

Bob Foth wrote:Let me know if you are interested in the Walther LG300Junior rifle. They are actually quite easy to fit to larger folks. Spacers in the buttplate, weights and/or extension tube on the front and you are good. It is the top-of-the-line barrel and action which is a steal at the price.

bobfoth@juno.com
Just to clarify for the original poster, I was referring to the adult version of the ambi stock, not the junior one like Bob. He's correct that they are much cheaper (similar to P70 Jr), but you need to modify them to fit adults.

Bob, I had heard from some junior clubs that Walther made a huge error on some of these in that that loading gate wouldn't open all the way because of the sights or something like that. They were real unhappy CMP went away from the P70 Jr because of that. I've never seen one. Have they fixed that?
Jay V

Re: walther

Post by Jay V »

(snip) Bob, I had heard from some junior clubs that Walther made a huge error on some of these in that that loading gate wouldn't open all the way because of the sights or something like that. They were real unhappy CMP went away from the P70 Jr because of that. I've never seen one.

Have they fixed that?

No they have not. The rear sight on LG 300 Jrs is limited in its adjustment. Moving it up past the middle of the adjustment range makes it contact the arm/handle that opens the loading gate and cocks the rifle.

We may try to come up with a different arm to let the sights move up if needed.

Jay V
IL
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

I heard from a very good source that the reason the CMP changed to the Walther is that FWB would not continue the good pricing. I have not had a real close look at the Walthers but didn't I read somewhere that the problem can be solved by installing riser blocks? If so I would do that. Bill Ernest in PA makes some good riser blocks for a reasonable price.
Bob Foth

Walthers

Post by Bob Foth »

Let me answer a few of these questions with one reply.
FWB did not continue the pricing in US$, so the P70Jrs are now quite a bit more expensive.
The Walther rear sight only fits on the back half of the action because of the lever travel. This should not be a problem for most shooters as that is likely to be the best area to mount it anyway. With the new ISSF rules on riser blocks (60mm from the bore to the center of the front sight), it is also possible to get the desired clearance with riser blocks.
For a couple of bucks you can use truck wheel weights and some washers for spacers (the stuff I used on my rifles in the Olympics) and be set. If you want/need longer sight radius, get a tube for under $100. You are still at a fraction of the price of one of the fancy models.

(Use some of the savings to come to one of my training programs ;-) )