Who sells Steyr Air rifles for resonable $?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Who sells Steyr Air rifles for resonable $?

Post by Guest »

I'm looking to buy a new air rifle, or perhaps gently used, and am having difficulties locating dealers... I'd prefer a steyr or an Anschutz, but would consider a walther.... I'm on a student's budget, so price is important. Anyone have a favorite dealer they'd suggest?

Post by Guest »

Uhhh Duhh .... how bout Pilkguns? Considering this site is hosted by a steyr dealer don't you think you need to talk to them and not ask for other dealers here ? If you are indeed a student you need a class in manners and ethics- or just some common sense... Pilkguns is a great place and won't steer you wrong. I had called and was asking abourt a SSP and he recomended I find a used one for my use. It is not all about the money at pilkguns but you really need to figure a few things out as well. To come here where a man spends his hard earned money to help the sport and slap him is wrong as it would be for any that would tell you what you ask.
cc west

Post by cc west »

Ouch. :)

As someone who has been surfing the web, like a mad man, for about 2 weeks concerning Airgun match shooting I think I might know how this happened to the person who posted this. Sometimes a search will send you to a site (ie. Target Talk) and skip the home page. Therefore its possible he got here without knowing about Pilkguns. Problem is tho, I don't see how you could Google "Steyr" and not end up at Pilkguns. Regardless, from everything I've read here and elsewhere you will not find a better place to do business with than Pilkguns. Granted I have yet to purchase anything from anyone in this sport, but you can rest assured that when I do MOST of it will be through Pilkguns. So I suggest you try here first, everyone loves Pilkguns. You can't pay for that kind of advertising.

Side note- Can anyone explain to me why the second hand market for quality pre-owned match airguns is so weak? Be it here at Pilkguns or anywhere else. I would think that many would decide this sport is not for them and sell their guns or at the very least people upgrading would result in more used guns for sale. Keep in mind that when I say weak I DO NOT mean quality, merely quantity. Perhaps its a hand-me-down scenario where club memebers get first shot at buying someones used gear. I just can't afford new kit at the moment, so my options have been quite limited. I must admit tho, that FWB 300 here at Pilkguns sure looks inviting. :)

cc
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Guest I don't think Scott needs your help if you are going to go off on people just because they asked a question. Maybe he doesn't live in the US, ever thought of that. You could have politely steered him to Pilkguns rather than be rude.

To the original poster, Pilkguns is great dealer and very good to do business with, I highly recommend them.

Post by Guest »

Richard H wrote:Guest I don't think Scott needs your help if you are going to go off on people just because they asked a question. Maybe he doesn't live in the US, ever thought of that. You could have politely steered him to Pilkguns rather than be rude.

To the original poster, Pilkguns is great dealer and very good to do business with, I highly recommend them.
Rude? I think the original question is rude- the person's English is awefully good to be a foreigner and if he/she is that smart and forein I am sure they could find the other info. Maybe I am a bit sensitive to people who gain knowledge from a mans hard work then buy elsewhere. I see way too much of that on the net and in real life. Kinda like a guy who would goto a knife or gun store and tie up a clerks time and check out stuff only to go buy it online. But then again maybe I am wrong...
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

My english is pretty good but I'm not in the US. There are other countries in the word that speak english. As much as I would like to buy from Scott the exchange, tax, shipping and duties would make everything about 50-100% more expensive. Now why don't you look at it from someone else's point of view. Would it have hurt to inform him politely? For all you know he could be a kid. So why don't you give others the benefit of the doubt. Like I say Scott is a big boy and I'm sure he can take care of himself.

Post by Guest »

I posted the original question, and never expected such a rude response. I was unaware of the host of this site being a dealer with a fine reputation. Thank you to those who would politely steer me in the right direction.

I meant no disrepect, and am sorry if I offended anyone, but I hardly think I deserved such a venomous response.
sheepshooter

Post by sheepshooter »

It sounds like a rookie asked an honest question and got his butt chewed off. That is hardly respectable behavior. To top it off the Jerk in Question wouldn't even identify himself, hiding behind the mask of a guest. Our sport can do without the likes of those who fire shots at rookies anonymously under the guise of defending merchants who can speak for themselves.

Shame on you "guest" for your scandalous actions, and to the newcomer who asked an honest question, please feel welcome to ask, thats how you learn. Before you tell others to take classes, maybe you should try hitting spellcheck on your own lousy grammar and spelling.

If our sport is to survive, despite the onslaught of the mainstream media and gun banning politicians, we need to reach out to beginners and novices, not lash out at them for asking questions.
jarek

Post by jarek »

very entertaining thread...
guest: please don’t let me miss any of your future posts and kindly e-mail me directly when you do your next one to jrk@et-sht.pl
GOVTMODEL

Post by GOVTMODEL »

Anonymous wrote:I posted the original question, and never expected such a rude response. I was unaware of the host of this site being a dealer with a fine reputation. Thank you to those who would politely steer me in the right direction.

I meant no disrepect, and am sorry if I offended anyone, but I hardly think I deserved such a venomous response.
I agree completely. Most posters on this BB are in the US. Where are you?

If PCE is not a good choice for you, I've purchased lots of stuff from Potter Firearms in Australia. Their english is as good as mine:-)

contact?

Post by Guest »

(Original?) Guest,
Sorry about someone's rude response. Please post your e-mail address for a private response.
Thx