Poll: Gauging interest in a rifle masters camp

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Would you be interested in participating in a rifle masters camp?

Poll ended at Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:30 am

No
No votes
Yes, NRA 3-Position (Any sights) anywhere
11%
Yes, International (Metallic sights only) anywhere
50%
Yes, NRA 3-Position (Any sights) at Colorado Springs
6%
Yes, International (Metallic sights only) at Colorado Springs
17%
Yes, Anything, as long as it is in Colorado Springs
17%
Yes, Anything, anywhere but Colorado Springs
No votes

Total votes: 18

Marcus

Poll: Gauging interest in a rifle masters camp

Post by Marcus »

Dear rifle shooting friends.

We in the coach department at the NRA are trying to determine if there is enough interest to support a smallbore rifle 3-Position and/or prone masters camp. A masters camp would be open to anyone (adults, collegiates, juniors) who is interested in improving their shooting skills. We would have some of the best coaches and shooters in the world to help with this event.

We would also be interested in your thoughts on where to hold this event and an appropriate time frame.

A proposal for around Thanksgiving 2005 (subject to range availability) has already been received. The camp would be 3-4 days in length and there would also be an opportunity to have a competition (optional) at the end of the event.

This would not be a free event. You would be responsible for your travel, ammo as well as a registration fee (yet to be determined). Shooters from outside the USA may be required to pay an additional fee if the event is held at the OTC in COlorado Springs.

Thanks for taking this poll.
Marcus Raab
NRA National Coach Trainer
Erik22

Anwhere, International

Post by Erik22 »

Anwhere, International
Hip's Ax

Post by Hip's Ax »

Marcus, might I suggest that the camp be held at least a week before Thanksgiving so that we might avoid the holiday travel glut? Thanks!
"Where the heck did that 8 come from?!"
Hans

Post by Hans »

As I will (hopefully) be living in Colorado Springs at that time, I'll be willing to attend anything that is offered there. Though for the time being my preference is NRA 3position, long term the international would probably be best for me.

-Hans
seemehaha

master camps

Post by seemehaha »

i think it is an excellent idea to have a camp open to adults. i've been thinking about this too, because it seems like the majority of the camps in this country are designed for juniors. where do those juniors go when they get older and leave college? a camp open to adults would be great!
TrackDoc65

Adult camp at OTC Colorado

Post by TrackDoc65 »

I would be interested in attending a camp if it is held at the OTC.