Matt Emmons (USA) 1st in prone (Qualifier)

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

RobStubbs

Matt Emmons (USA) 1st in prone (Qualifier)

Post by RobStubbs »

Matt Emmons finished the prone qualifier in 1st place on 599. Not all shooters have finished so he could tie for 1st going into the finals.

Our own (GB) shooter Mick Babb is currently 8th on 595.

Rob.
RobStubbs

Matt Emmons Wins prone rifle

Post by RobStubbs »

Matt won this after a 104.3 shoot in the final, GB finished in 7th.

Rob.
tcsantelli

Post by tcsantelli »

Hi Everyone.

Hey did you know that Emmons was using a borrowed rifle because someone found his rifle and vandalized it at the olympic trials. so he had to borrow another rifle. He said that the rifle is the best shooting rifle he has shot. Amazing huh?
Jim B

Vandalized Rifle

Post by Jim B »

Someone vandalized his rifle? Who would do such a thing? I hope they were disqualified if they were another competitor. What type of rifle was he using? I know he usually shoots a 2013. Was it the same type?

Post by Guest »

http://www.usolympicteam.com/11716_24754.htm

He says that he borrowed the rifle of Amber Darland, training partner. Which would imply that he was using a ladies sport rifle.

Will this change into a trend for free rifles getting lighter or whatever other features a sport rifle has versus free?

Post by Guest »

Well, it IS prone, so maybe the differences are small. AND he states "I put it in", which seems to indicate that maybe he just used the barreled action in his own stock, not the whole rifle.

Either way, GREAT SHOOTING!
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Congratulation to Matt (and you can consider that to be on behalf of the National Target Shooting Association of Ireland). A wonderful effort and a deserved medal.

(and on a personal note, I'm damn happy to see a collegiate shooter winning, 'cos that'll be the last time anyone mumbles "bloody waster students" for a while :D )
Pradeep

Post by Pradeep »

Anonymous wrote:Well, it IS prone, so maybe the differences are small. AND he states "I put it in", which seems to indicate that maybe he just used the barreled action in his own stock, not the whole rifle.

Either way, GREAT SHOOTING!
http://www.usolympicteam.com/11716_24860.htm

QUESTION:

There was an issue with your gun before you came here, can you explain that a little? Is it true that you are using someone else’s gun?

EMMONS:

Well, it is partially true. My .22 and air guns were vandalized. So I had to borrow the barrel and action of a smallbore rifle from a teammate, Amber Darland. I am still using my stock, sights and my trigger, though. And really, it was really a blessing in disguise. This is the best gun I have ever shot. It will be hard to give it back.

As for the air gun, I am just using one of my older air rifles.
Amber Darland

Post by Amber Darland »

Just wanted to clarify that Matt used my barreled action, not my entire gun. He won his medal with his own stock and says he changed virtually nothing as far as positions were concerned. My barrel was just slightly lighter than the one he used before.