Sako Finnfire Range

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Sako Finnfire Range

Post by Guest »

What do you guys think of the Sako Finnfire Range as a first rifle for an adult. I am interested in 3-P, 50m shooting.
Also what will be the best option?
1. Anschutz 1903
2. Sako Finnfire range
3. Walther KK100
All of them are around $900 which is about all I can afford right now.
I will appreciate any insights.
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

None of the above. You should call Mac Tilton (775-588-9071). He would probably have an older anschutz free rifle model 1413 (older 54 action free rifle) that you should be able to buy in about your price range. An older anschutz standard rifle should also be doable for that price too. This will be a much better starter that can be upgraded as you desire. Thad Scott advertises on www.gunsamerica.com and sometimes has the too for reasonable prices.
tcsantelli

Post by tcsantelli »

I agree with Pete. The 1413 is a older model free rifle which means you will get a full sized gun for the price of a new lighter gun. Plus the 1413's are all good shooting guns. Also if u would like to accurize it u could send it to Alex Sitman who could pillar bed it for you for a reasonable price. If u were to get a newer gun like the one of the ones u posted, they would be very light and hard for an adult to keep still in offhand. Also one more thing, 95% of the older rifles shoot better from the factory than a new rifle from the factory.
Good Luck
Tommy.