Shooting Magazine - it is on!

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Joacim Trybom

Shooting Magazine - it is on!

Post by Joacim Trybom »

We have decided to try the magazine for a year to see if it works out.
Being at Camp Perry right now, we won't be able to update the website until next week to reflect our new magazine.

Until then we are looking for some pictures and possible article/parts of articles for the following matches:

USAS 3P Air Precision in KY
USAS Nationals in Ft. Benning

We are also looking for pictures of winners from the Camp Perry and Pocatello nationals.

We will also offer free classifieds and invitations to matches on a first come/first serve basis for this issue, we may have a nominal fee going forward.

We also have three spaces for 1/4 page coverage of local matches/camps.

Once we get back to Portland, I will update the website so we can accept subscription by Paypal. Meanwhile we will accept subscription by mail to Joacim Trybom, PO Box 1038, Oregon City OR 97045

We are also offering advertising for the first two issues for the same price as one.
Advertising fees are
1/1 Inside Cover $200
1/1 Normal $150
1/2 Normal $80
1/3 Normal $60
1/4 Normal $45

The issue is planned to go to the printer on August 25 so there aren't much time. Please email me at joacim [at] riflesports.com
I can't check the email while being on the road but I will check this website and check the email when we get back.

Joacim Trybom
Riflesports.com
Joacim

Update - delay

Post by Joacim »

We had a few set backs with the magazine with the major one being the printer increased their price by about 75% and changed the format.
We are trying to work through it and make sure we can publish it while still make it break even. The first issue will run with only minimal advertising while we will have to sell 5 pages of advertising to make it break even going forward.

With the new format we have a few pages to fill out and I would like your help. The stories that would fit would be:
Story from Camp Perry - smallbore
Coverage from one of the Advanced Camps
Story from USAS Championships
Story from Olympics
Season planning by an internationally known shooter

We are now shooting for an early November publish date but it all depends
on the economics.

I'll post a new message once I know more.

Joacim