Foresight ring thickness

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

RobH

Foresight ring thickness

Post by RobH »

I am considering changing my standard foresight with the plastic inserts to either an adjustable glass iris or the Cnetra SCore Plus with the High End inserts. Centra offers various ring thicknesses. Does anybody know what the thickness of the standard plastic inserts is? Are they all the same? I am comfortable with the thickness of the rings on the inserts I have been using. I did read a post that said that the poster did not like the thickness of the adjustable iris. Is this a common feeling? I do realize that everone's eyesight is different and that determines what they are comfortable with.
TIA
Rob
mjfa

Adjustable Front Iris

Post by mjfa »

I have been using a Gehmann 522A clear adjustable front iris for the last month and have experienced some improvement in my scores. I do really like it, just my opinion.

Regards,

Manuel Ferrán
Raymac

Post by Raymac »

I have been manufacturing plastic front sight inserts for many years and sell them worldwide. They were developed to meet the needs of shooters who were searching for a very thin ring thickness. The thickness of our ring subtends 3.5 moa at the target [that equates to .030" measured at 90 degrees to the face of the insert]. It is thinner than most available inserts and I believe much thinner than any of the mechanically adjustable inserts. Our customers like this thickness and they have been used to win many world level medals. We do find that older shooters or those with vision problems may prefer a thicker ring and these are available too. I will be pleased to send samples if you wish. Good luck.