Sling Attachment for FWB 300s

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Sling Attachment for FWB 300s

Post by Guest »

I am a 10 M air rifle shooter trying to get into 3 P with my air rifle. I know that most people would not suggest using a 300s for 3P, but it is what I have for now so it'll have to do. Well, I was wondering where I can get the sling and sling attachment and how to put it on the rifle. Any help will be useful. Thanks in advance.
tim s

sling/handstop

Post by tim s »

Hello, you should be able to get a sling from any good target supply shop. the choice nowadays is between leather and synthetic. Synthetic slings (heavy nylon cloth reinforced with a rubbery plastic) are often considered better as they won't stretch over time, as even the best leather will. You can buy slings mail-order as they are pretty much one-size-fits-all.

The sling swivel should fit into the metal dovetail on the underside of the forestock. If your FWB does not have the accesory rail, you will need to have one fitted to use the sling. The swivel is normally incorporated into a handstop; you rest the soft part of your hand between the thumb and forefinger against this to prevent it sliding forwards. handstops come in a variety of sizes and shapes to suit different size hands and tastes.

If you have not shot prone before (and kneling too) it will take a while to set the length of the sling properly. Firstly set the handstop/swivelto a comfortable place, and then adjust the sling. If the handstop is too near, and/or the sling to tight this may afffect the recoil. Too loose and you will not get the support.

Good luck with your efforts!

one final note, don't tighten the sling too much around your arm. If your hand tingles and turns blue BEFORE you shoot, the sling is too tight! It should be loose enough around your arm to push a couple of fingers between it and your arm.

Tim S

Exeter UK