Which Air Rifle?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Wolverine

Which Air Rifle?

Post by Wolverine »

I am looking at getting back in to shooting. My last match was air rifle in '91 or '92. I am looking at buying a new rifle and I am debating between the Anschutz 9003 Premium and the FWB P700. The rifle I had back in the day was the Diana/RWS Model 100. Any opinions and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
karlbiork

used

Post by karlbiork »

I have a FWB mod. 600 and mod. 80 for sale. Both in excellant condition
if your interested.
RE: <karlbiork@earthlink.net>
tcsantelli

Post by tcsantelli »

I would go with the FWB. The 9003 I do not believe is as good as their previous air rifles. Plus the FWB costs less. The price of the 9003 is outrageous.

Post by Guest »

If you can get around to some matches and see some rifles, it would be helpful. What is good for one person is not neccesarily good for another, what with our own individual body builds, etc.
Can you get to Camp Perry (USA) to see some of the vendors?
AlaskaKate

Post by AlaskaKate »

I've entertained the idea of looking into buying one of these newer models. I decided that the 9003 was probably not enough of an upgrade from my ANS 2002. The FWB looks like a very nice rifle (being in Alaska I havent had the chance to see these rifles up close). However, from looking at the rifle it is impossible to tell if FWB has fixed their trigger consistancy. So for now I'm staying with my ANS 2002.

I guess what I'm getting at is before shelling out big bucks to buy a rifle that may or may not be better than the rifles that most of us are shooting, I'd make sure I put a few rounds through it myself just to see how it shoots from MY shoulder.
prairiehawk

Post by prairiehawk »

the 9003 is a wonderful rifle. The 2002 is a very good rifle, but the 9003 is a new standard for air IMHO. If you have not shot both extensively, it is hard to compare them I would suspect. With the Euro where it is, the price differential for the 9003 versus anything else new is insignificant versus greatly reduced lock times, new faster trigger, ZERO vibration transfer, weight adjustment that is unrivaled etc. To say it is not better is not the case. Scott
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

From what I had seen of the pictures of the 9003 I was not at all impressed- looks like a plastic piece of junk in the pics to me. I got to hold one (not shoot) at the NRA show in Pittsburgh a little while back. I really liked it a lot after a closer look. My current rifle is a 2002/alu. Not sure if the 9003 is really better but it sure looked and felt nice. It appears that they went with a totally new trigger on it which surprised me.

Re: Which Air Rifle?

Post by Guest »

Wolverine wrote:I am looking at getting back in to shooting. My last match was air rifle in '91 or '92. I am looking at buying a new rifle and I am debating between the Anschutz 9003 Premium and the FWB P700. The rifle I had back in the day was the Diana/RWS Model 100. Any opinions and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Have you considered the Styer LG100?? It's a great rifle.
RobH

Post by RobH »

I own a Walther LG300 Alutec. Had it about six months and I really like it. I'm not a world class shooter, and have not shot the Ans or FWB, but the Walther may be another consideration. The trigger is excellent, the alu stock is very adjustable and I have been told more durable than the Ans. It comes with sights. The air cylinder can be fille to 300 bar (4500 psi) so you can get more shots per charge. HTH
Rob
ATMIKA

HI

Post by ATMIKA »

hi ,wolverine in my opinion u should buy fwb p700, it's a really nice rifle.
our one shooter who is going to OLYMPICS is shooting with this rifle.
ATMIKA, INDIA
seemehaha

new stock

Post by seemehaha »

does any one know if it would be possible to keep the 2002 but put the new stock on it. would there be any problems doing that? thanks