Which Glasses for Air Rifle

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

RobH

Which Glasses for Air Rifle

Post by RobH »

I'm getting ready to purchase my first set of shooting glasses and would like some input as to what is preferred by most shooters. There is no place close that I can go and look at or try on a pair. I shoot a few times a week in my home range. I'm not involved in any serious competition, however would like to submit to postal leagues once my score are a little better. I am not opposed to spending up to $250. Do I need the offset nosepiece? My normal prescription is -2.

Post by Guest »

I use a pair of Knoblach Rifle glasses w/ the offset 22(?) millimeter lens holder. (makes a right angle bend). Works fine for me: puts the lens where I need it.
Michael

Post by Michael »

All commercial brands are O.K. - Champion, Knobloch, Varga, Yaggi. I'm not updated about the price - check in the net.

Don't forget to check your eyes with a qulified optometrist and check every year, again and again.
Alf

Glasses

Post by Alf »

Get a look at the MEC glasses. I've changed from Champions Olympics and the MEC's are alot better and cheaper. The frames have interchangable lens holder for 3P.
L.Sawyer

shooting glasses

Post by L.Sawyer »

It's also very important to find an optometrist (ophthamologist? optician? I can never remember the difference!) who will listen as you explain exactly what you are trying to focus on when shooting. If you just walk into Wallymart and get the $40 exam, they'll set you up for reading glasses, 'cuz that's what most of their customers want! So that's what they have very likely standardized their methods toward. And you very definitely do NOT want reading glasses.

I know this from experience. Find someone you trust and who will work with you-- it makes all the difference in the world.

As for the frames, the offest nosepiece is VERY useful for shooting standing, since you're looking across your face somewhat.

Hope this helps,

Larry
RobH

Re: Glasses

Post by RobH »

Alf wrote:Get a look at the MEC glasses. I've changed from Champions Olympics and the MEC's are alot better and cheaper. The frames have interchangable lens holder for 3P.
Where can I get a look at the MEC glasses? I did look at them before (the Ear Glass System I believe they called it), but now I can't find them. They are no longer shown on MEC's website. Center Shot used to have them listed but now they don't. Who sells them in the US?
Rob