trouble with FWB 60?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

phosking

trouble with FWB 60?

Post by phosking »

My club has a FWB air rifle, that I have been using for some time, and I've very happy with the scores but last night I was all over the place I had someone else have a shot and they noticed the the 2 stage trigger was no longer. The trigger if, squeezed would fall into stage 2 making the next slightest touch fire the rifle. THis is born out in my pathetic results which all most all landed high.

Anybody else had this one?

is it an adjustment? (club rifles are not ment to be toyed with but it is not un=known to happen)

I should mention that the rifle is a single pump style rifle.

Paul
Manuel Ferrán

Re: trouble with FWB 60?

Post by Manuel Ferrán »

Paul,
on the files section of the FWB 300 forum there are two Acrobat Reader format files that depicts how to adjust the trigger on the FWB 300S. I am not sure if the FWB 600 and the FWB 300S trigger unit is the same, but the files are schematic.pdf and pages3_4.pdf the forum site is http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/FWB300airguns/
Hope this helps.
Victor

Post by Victor »

If the FWB600 trigger unit is like the P700 it will have two knurled plastic screws, one at the front of the trigger guard, and one at the rear (behind the trigger). The one at the front adjusts the length of the first stage (pull). The one behind the trigger adjusts the second stage let-off (sear release/firing). Never seen a 600 up close, so I couldn't say if the trigger unit is the same.
Victor

Post by Victor »

BTW, since you said it is a FWB "pump" rifle, I assummed it is a 600-series rifle.

Cheers
paulh

thanks

Post by paulh »

As is often the way, I worked it out once I got the gun apart. It was very clear which adjustment had wandered.

my score went from 207 (30 shot match) to 224 post adjustment.

Thanks for help