Walther air rifle trouble

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

tcsantelli

Walther air rifle trouble

Post by tcsantelli »

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone had any insight as to the cause of the following problem. I currently own a Walther LG-300 alutec. I have had it for 2 years and recently a recoil problem has developed. It is affecting my offhand scores dramatically. I haven't changed anything such as pellets. I will be going to pocatello idaho for the NRA nationals and I need to get the airgun fixed. I have tried cleaning the bore, and varied the torque setting but no result. If anybody has any insight I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you
Tommy Santelli
Michael

Post by Michael »

Try changing the abzorber.
DEAmiot

Clean the entire rifle

Post by DEAmiot »

Try cleaning the barrel and everything else, as well as the bore. Sometimes, the airguns will recoil a little if they are very dirty. Otherwise, check your seals.
LESLIE

Recoil

Post by LESLIE »

I had simmilar problem with my fwb p70 alu stock , i changed the absorber. my rifle is fine now it shoots perfectly. check your absorber.
Bobcat

recoil of airguns

Post by Bobcat »

One post mentiones that a fouled airgun bore sometimes generates recoil.

Well, if more recoil is generated by a fouled bore, and no other condition is changed, this means that the pellet is accellerated more. Uhm..I am not fully convinced about that.

Absorbers seem to suffer from premature wear, regardless of brand of precharged airgun. The manufacturers ought to improve on these constructions. As it is, a 10.000 shots exchange period seems necessary. That is not fair to the airgun owners.

A gradually evolving malfunction of a worn absorber is not readily visible by testfiring the gun from a fixture. But a varying recoil movement, ever so slight, will shift the point of impact especially from the standing position.

Post by Guest »

Could someone please explain what an adsorber is, and where it can be found on the rifle. Is it just for scuba air guns?
tim s

Post by tim s »

An absorber is a small gadget seen on newish target air-rifles. It absorbs the recoil generated by the release of the air. Not seen on sporting air-rifles as they don't generally need the perfect accuracy that target shooters do.

Tim S

Exeter Uk
Bobcat

recoil of airguns again

Post by Bobcat »

At the moment of firing, some compressed air is directed into a piston, which then slides rearward as the pellet is accelerated in the barrel.

When correctly tuned, this aparatus counteracts the recoil nearly perfectly.

An absorber COUNTERACTS the recoil forces generated by the acceleration of the pellet in the bore.
AlaskaKate

Re: Walther air rifle trouble

Post by AlaskaKate »

tcsantelli wrote:Hello,
I was wondering if anyone had any insight as to the cause of the following problem. I currently own a Walther LG-300 alutec. I have had it for 2 years and recently a recoil problem has developed. It is affecting my offhand scores dramatically. I haven't changed anything such as pellets. I will be going to pocatello idaho for the NRA nationals and I need to get the airgun fixed. I have tried cleaning the bore, and varied the torque setting but no result. If anybody has any insight I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you
Tommy Santelli

I'd send it to a gunsmith to get it fixed...Call up neal johnson or ten ring and see if they think they can help you out. If you need these numbers please email me at sharp_shooter_girl@yahoo.com
-Katy