Post inserts for FWB?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

JohnL

Post inserts for FWB?

Post by JohnL »

Does anyone know where I can get a set of post front inserts for a 601 or any FWB? Neal Johnson only has ANZ and none of the other places I have contacted have then either. If they don't make them for a 601 will an ANZ front sight fit? Many thanks.

JohnL
Dan Hankins

FWB sight inserts

Post by Dan Hankins »

John,
If your FWB has a 22 mm front sight, I have no idea where you can buy a post type insert for it. I have looked far and wide for one and I can't find one either. If your FWB has the 18 mm front sight, I think the Anschutz inserts will fit.

I think that a person could make a post front sight for a 22mm front sight by gluing a piece of exposed 35 mm negative film, cut to the width and height you desire, and then glued to any of the clear inserts for the 22 mm sights. If that does not work out, you may have to cut a piece of clear material with no hole in it and then glue the film or whatever you choose to it to make a front post.

I think that the Anschutz front sight will fit the FWB. It may have to be tightened down a little more than you might think as I think there is a few thousands difference in the groove width.

You could consult the Centra or AGH sight folks regarding the interchangeability of the sights.

Respectfully,
Bubba
Randy Bimrose

FWB Inserts

Post by Randy Bimrose »

John, contact me off forum--I may be able to help.
barrelbender@earthlink.net Randy