dominant eye

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Rob

dominant eye

Post by Rob »

I'm a right handed person with my left eye dominant. At 49 years old my right eye is getting weaker seeing distances, but still can see the rifle sights. The 4.5 in. black disc I am shooting at does not allways look round at 50 meters. The event is summer biathlon so after running a mile or two shooting glasses would fog up. Is switching to a left handed gun the way to go or is the sharpness of the target not as important as seeing the sights... thanks for any imput..Rob
troy

stick with right handed

Post by troy »

Rob,

Stay shooting right handed and use an extension tube if allowed for your event, this will help with seeing the target better.
Pat McCoy

Post by Pat McCoy »

Also be sure your cheek piece is properly adjusted so you are looking straight through the rear sight. Being a little off can cause the bull to look flat on one side.
1813benny

Post by 1813benny »

I am assuming that you are keeping both eyes open when shooting correct?

An opaque blinder over the left eye may help. It would be easy with a head band and a piece of old gallon milk jug. It allows the eyes to work as a team and reduces the effect of being left eye dominant on the right eye while sighting. - benny