rearsight elevation

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

tim s

rearsight elevation

Post by tim s »

Hello, I have recently begun using a Steyr cantable rearsight on my Anschutz small-bore. It's very good and cheaper than thAnschutz 7002. However when I shot 100 yards for the first time with it last week I found that I did not have enough elevation. Only 6moa up from my 25 yard setting.

I have tried a stepped foresight block, but this makes no difference. The elevation "jump" by moving to the rear, lower, block is negated by the need to come up in compensation for the higher 25/50 block.

I want to keep using the Steyr. I have considered two options to allow this. One is a raiser block under the rear. The second is an adjustable foresight tunnel like the Kelly. This latter would be the more expensive. does anyone have any ideas or reservations about the raiser block.

I should add that I have contacted the UK supplier and am awaiting a reply.

Tim S

Exeter UK
Lee Sellers

Post by Lee Sellers »

I'd put a block under the rear. In fact when you use a front block with a non-standard height you need to balance the change on the rear as well.
tims

foresight block

Post by tims »

It's not a foresight raiser block that I used. Its a replacement for the factory mounting block. It's longer than normal with a second lower dovetail at the rear, used to reduce the amount of winding up for 100 yards.

Thanks for the suggestion though. Any more suggestions out there?

Tim S

Exeter UK