Gehmann Sights / Nancy Johnson

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Rodger Booth

Gehmann Sights / Nancy Johnson

Post by Rodger Booth »

Can anyone tell me which Gehmann Sights Nancy Johnson uses on her FWB P70 front and rear iris?
Thanks in advance
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

Rodger: Try calling Pilkington's. I think she was working with them some helping with rifle sales doing like rifle tech support. If this is still the case I think they will give you her number and you can ask her yourself.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

I KNOW that the rear Aperture that she used to win the Gold Medal was a centra Indoor model in silver color.

NOT Gehmann!
Rodger Booth

Post by Rodger Booth »

Gee, maybe it is my mistake, I saw the silver in a photo and took it for granted that it was a Genhamm. What is the contact address for Centra?
And what sight model was it that she uses's from Centra. Does anyone have the Centra Web address and does Pilkington carry the sights? Pilk Guns is a place that I enjoy buying from.
Rodger Booth
Rhode Island
ksilver

Post by ksilver »

Ken
Ken J

Centra sight

Post by Ken J »

Folks,
Nancy did indeed use Centra, and swears by them. So do I. Now, as for model number, I don't know. However, I picked out the sights, so I can do a good job of describing them. First, the rear iris had the large graduations on it. To put it simply, there was a lot of adjustment space between each graduation. We both like these types, as I don't know anyone who uses the smaller graduations. They're not as adjustable within each graduation. Second, I THINK she had a polarizer on the rear as well. It was either a polarizer or color filters.
The front sight was an ID/OD adjustable Centra. It was capable of being adjusted within the range of 2.9 to I THINK 4.5 mm or so. I don't know what the OD adjustment variation was.
When she shot in the big O's, her rear iris was on a 1.05 to a 1.1, her front was a 3.75 ID, with the OD as big as possible.

Ken J
Ken J

Contact Nancy

Post by Ken J »

Roger,
Call Nancy. She can tell you the specifics. Of course, you can also order from her. Her phone number is 931-320-1549. She's home right now.

Ken J