How much for a FWB 601?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

JohnL

How much for a FWB 601?

Post by JohnL »

I've been thinking of upgrading to a match SSP (currently I have a Avanti 753, which I like, and a Tau 200 which I don't) but am on a budget, how much would a good to excellent 601 be? I seem to remeber seeing a 602 for $700 or so but also remember reading that model had some problems. Would a 601 be around the same? Thanks,

John

ps- I'm open to other suggestions as to a good used match gun.
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

John: I have not had a 601 but have had both a 600 and an anschutz 2002 superair (the single stroke 2002). These rifles are worth between $550 and $750 I'd say. The Anschutz's seem to bring a little more but I can't say they are any better. The 600 was my first good air rifle and like you I wanted to keep my cost down. I don't really know the subtle differences between the 600, 601, and 602 but I can tell you don't give up much by going back to the 600. My main reason for upgrading to my 2002ca which I have now was so that I could shoot kneeling and prone with it too. You should give the various dealers a call and see if any of them have one to sell I bet you can turn one up for a decent price.

Post by Guest »

I paid 830 shipped for one last fall. I know it was on the upper side of what they were going for but I feel good about the purchase. It was not "Dead mint" but nice and shoots great. If I found one for 500.00 I'd have to fight the urge not to buy another....
Adam

Post by Adam »

Give Scott at airgunsonly.com a call. My 601 is sitting there for sale.

Adam